Mummy: the Curse Resources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummy: the Curse Resources

This is a list of books that are useful for Mummy: the Curse. It is particularly targeted at new players and storytellers, but hopefully, it provides some inspiration for veterans as well. If there is a book you think should be added to this list that is for some reason not listed, feel free to tell me what and why, and I will do my best to add it in.

2e
    2e Mummy Core (forthcoming)

2e Geist Core (forthcoming) [Playable Ghosts]
    Chronicles of Darkness
    Dark Eras 2 (forthcoming)
    - Light of the Sun
    - Scandinavian Witch Trials
    - French Revolution

Half-Damned
    Mortal Remains
    The Pack

1e
    1e Mummy Core
    1e Mummy’s Player Book

Dark Eras - Ruins of Empire
    Dreams of Avarice
    Book of the Deceived
    Cursed Necropolis: DC
    Cursed Necropolis: Rio [Relic Architecture]
    Guildhalls of the Deathless
    Interactive Character Sheets [free]
    Lore of the Deceived [free]
    Ready-Made Characters
    SAS - Eve of Judgement
    SAS - The Avarice Chronicle
    Sothis Ascends

Book of the Dead
    Dark Eras
    - Beneath the Skin (blue-book)
    - The Ruins of Empire
    - To the Strongest (Mage, limited crossover)

Dark Eras Companion
    - The Fall of Isireion [Immortals & Sekhem Sorcery]
    - Lifting the Veil (Blue-book)
    - Princes of the Conquered Land [Mage Crossover Rules]

Immortals
    Reliquary

Resource Directory

Fiction
    Curse of the Blue Nile
    Dawn of Heresies
    Tales of the Dark Eras

Bundles
    Dark History Bundle
    Starter Bundle
    Starter Kit Bundle
    Last edited by Second Chances; 11-30-2017, 02:17 PM.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

And finally, Duat stopped reclaiming this post and allowed it to come to the land of the living! Anyhow, I've included Immortals since they make a nice counterpoint to the Arisen and Reliquary for relics (plus it was an add-on in the original Kickstarter). Other suggestions are welcome.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
      And finally, Duat stopped reclaiming this post and allowed it to come to the land of the living! Anyhow, I've included Immortals since they make a nice counterpoint to the Arisen and Reliquary for relics (plus it was an add-on in the original Kickstarter). Other suggestions are welcome.
      That many links trips an automatic spam filter and requires a moderator to manually approve. You're cool now!

Rose Bailey
      Onyx Path Development Producer
      Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

That many links trips an automatic spam filter and requires a moderator to manually approve. You're cool now!
        I figured it was something like that, so I posted, then edited in the links. Thanks Rose!

CofD booklists:

Comment

This really just makes me wish there were more Mummy books I could throw my money at I got such good use out of basically everything on this list. Really only the Ready-Made Characters didn't get mined for ideas. Even the SAS stories proved a source for ideas, even if I didn't use them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Azahul View Post
            This really just makes me wish there were more Mummy books I could throw my money at I got such good use out of basically everything on this list. Really only the Ready-Made Characters didn't get mined for ideas. Even the SAS stories proved a source for ideas, even if I didn't use them directly.
            Yeah, I've only just realized how useful the SAS adventures are even if you don't use them as written. As for more resources... good thing the Dark Eras Companion and Dark Eras 2 are in the pipeline.

CofD booklists:

Comment

My main bugbear from both the SAS and novel material is this tendency to assume a Mummy being killed means that Mummy is gone in something approximating a permanent fashion. It's honestly kinda weird given how big of a deal the Death Cycle is in Mummy.

But yeah, the Avarice Chronicle also has awesome things like the imagery of Chthonic Beings chained as guard dogs alongside a phalanx of ghost soldiers, so I can look past that.

Comment

Even the SAS stories proved a source for ideas, even if I didn't use them directly.
                Yeah, I really wanted to make use of the intelligent lion-amkhat with the seba heart. My campaign didn't really have room for it, though.

...good thing the Dark Eras Companion...
                Boy, I'll say! I'm very excited to see some further insight into the Mummy cosmology with the Mutapa chapter, and I can tell you that ya'll should be excited for the Cleopatra chapter

Comment

In my wildest dreams, Mummy 2e gets announced tomorrow, I get to write for it, and the first supplement is the Book of Going Westward.

But thank yo for this compilation! Very useful.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

It would be kinda cool if the Something Terrible came out at some point too. It seemed pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                      In my wildest dreams, Mummy 2e gets announced tomorrow, I get to write for it, and the first supplement is the Book of Going Westward.
                      Can we Kickstart that? I'd think written material + bribefunding would be enough to get that ball/stone-wheel rolling.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Can we Kickstart that? I'd think written material + bribefunding would be enough to get that ball/stone-wheel rolling.
                        This is exactly why I was so excited at the possibility of Kickstarting Hunter, it would mean both Geist and Mummy 2e would get Kickstarters as well. I want my Book of Going Westward!

CofD booklists:

Comment

Just wait for the Cleopatran Era in Dark Eras Companion, if you're a fan of those nasty Immortals...

Matthew Dawkins
                          Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

It would be kinda cool if the Something Terrible came out at some point too. It seemed pretty neat.
                            I'd completely forgotten about that.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

It was going to be pretty cool. It seems a long time ago but I don't think that means I'm allowed to tell ya'll what it is

Comment

Working...
                              X