KOing a Mummy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOing a Mummy

Hi, firsttime poster, moderate/long-time nWoD Storyteller, just picked up Mummy.

This is a rules question, taken from the 1e perspective, if that matters.

How does a Mummy suffer damage?

My understanding is that all supernatural templates function like Mortals, unless there is info that states otherwise, so let me briefly review my understanding of the Mortal rules for suffering damage:
    - if the final three boxes of health are filled with any type of damage (agg/leth/bash) you suffer a wound penalty (-1 to -3) to most die pools
    - if your final box of health is filled with bashing damage, you run the risk of getting KO'd: roll Stamina every round to stay awake
    - if your final box of health is filled with lethal damage, you immediately KO, and start bleeding out (i.e. taking aggravated damage every interval)
    - if your final box of health if filled with aggravated damage, you die

I'm not seeing too much in the Mummy template that modifies that. Actually, I don't see *anything* inherent in the template that modifies that, except the last point: filling up with agg still "kills" you, but then "death" triggers Descent, etc. Sure, there's various Affinities, and of course Sealing the Flesh that mess around with that, but nothing automatically-granted or always-on. (For example, I remember that a Vampire does *not* KO when filled with bashing, and a Promethean doesn't even KO when filled with lethal (he just starts dismembering)). I found the note that firearms deals bashing to a Mummy (just like a Vampire), but that's a bit orthogonal to any of the four points above.

Does a Mummy really have to roll Stamina when full up on bashing in order to avoid falling unconscious?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by efreund; 01-31-2017, 07:08 PM.

Page 144, under Sources of Damage, right before the firearms bit: mummies don't get knocked unconscious from injury.

Comment

They also reduce most non-Relic attacks to bashing, don't they?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        They also reduce most non-Relic attacks to bashing, don't they?
        They take aggravated damage from relic weapons, which you might be conflating in your memory with the amkhata, which reduce non-supernatural attacks by non-Deathless, unless made with a relic weapon, to a single point of bashing damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post

They take aggravated damage from relic weapons, which you might be conflating in your memory with the amkhata, which reduce non-supernatural attacks by non-Deathless, unless made with a relic weapon, to a single point of bashing damage.
          Probably that is it.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
          X