Heretic ID?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heretic ID?

Hey, did the name of the Heretic ever get dropped? What he used to be called in the Irem flashbacks, I mean? I can't remember clearly and it's a lot of material to scan over!

Kind of. I don't think they ever give it in Egyptian (or Iremite, or whatever). I think the english translation was in Avarice and was something like "He who laughs at the gods". Might be misremembering. Have to look it up when I can get back to my books.

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
      Kind of. I don't think they ever give it in Egyptian (or Iremite, or whatever). I think the english translation was in Avarice and was something like "He who laughs at the gods". Might be misremembering. Have to look it up when I can get back to my books.
      You're thinking of the Heretic's stenographer's "more appropriate" translation of his appellation: "He Who Rises Above The Gods."

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Not sure if the name was released. I never read the ongoing chronicle premade adventure in the books so now I'm curious if the little blurb in Rio refers to the Heretic.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

The last book will reveal that the Heretic was Karl Marx all along. Arisen of the World Unite! You have nothing to lose but your Sekhem!

Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
          Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
            You're thinking of the Heretic's stenographer's "more appropriate" translation of his appellation: "He Who Rises Above The Gods."

Dorf. Yeah, that's the one.

Okay....so...Imhotep or Li-em-hotep means "He who comes in Peace".

An alternate name for the land of Punt (lands south of Egypt and Nubia, probably Ethiopia) was Ta-Netjer, meant "God's Land" or "Land of the Gods".

And from the core book, "Ascent" is Mentaar (another word for Apotheosis).

So maybe Li-Em-Mentaar-Netjer?

Comment

Working...
            X