Cursed Necropolis Rio: Comments and Errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursed Necropolis Rio: Comments and Errata

As the Errata thread has already closed and the other Cursed Necropolis: Rio thread is more of an anticipation thread I decided to start this one. Most of my comments are pretty technical, and I don't expect anything to change (mostly as the errata period has already ended), but if anyone thinks I'm misinterpreting things or doesn't agree with me I'd like to hear.

Comments:

Under "Municipal Theater" (p. 31), how is harvesting Dedwen the same as restoring pillars? I don't believe this relation has even been made before. Of course the geomancy of the municipal theather could enable the restoration of pillar points, but that has nothing to do with Dedwen.

Most mummies in chapter 3 have a relatively high memory, but this could be explained by being 4 years into the Sothic Turn. But I still think the various stat blocks could do with a -1 or even -2.

Osorohe (p. 47) doesn't seem to be an actual chosen Guildmaster, as described in Guildhalls of the Deathless. He seems more like Sedge, from Cursed Necropolis DC, in that he just took the position informally. If this is the intention, maybe it should be mentioned explicitly? If it isn't, his description shouldn't say that he only is guildmaster because there is no one better, and he should have a guildmaster amulet relic.

How can Hes Sedjet (p. 52) gain heka from offerings by her cult, while she is a scribe and shouldn't even know the secrets of heka? And even if she did know these secrets, the actions of her followers could not produce heka unless some kind of occult geometry or relic was involved.

How does attention and goodwill generate Dedwen, as stated in Sharifa's backstory (p. 68)? According to the rulebook Dedwen comes from wealth, beauty and desire. This is mostly expressed in work and material things. So the samba dancers themselves generating Dedwen would be more acceptable than the viewers generating it.

And now actual errata (it's a shame the errata thread already closed):

In the table of contents some headings are bolded, while others on the same level are not. This is especially a problem with chapter 3.

A large part of chapter 3 has "The Orixás" at the bottom of the right pages, while other headings should be duplicated there.

p. 58: Aapep Medes' stat block doesn't state his guild. Earlier in the book he was listed as Maa-Kep, but even there his relation to the rest of the guild wasn't mentioned (which was weird as of the four one was talked off as being the third wheel, while Medes wasn't mentioned at all).

p. 80: "Certainly, Rio’s nightlife is lie a siren song to vampires" I think "lie" should be removed from this sentence.

p. 84: Under the "Palace" heading, "Innate Properties" is not bolded.

p. 85: Under "Tomb", it would be nice to note under "Innate Properties" at which page number they can be found.

p. 91: Why does it note "(Potency X)" behind the pillar prerequisites of "Drums of the Ogan"?

In the Appendix, "Exceptional Failure" is often used instead of "Dramatic Failure". This happens on pages 104, 106, 107, 110, 112, 113 (twice), 115, 116.

Also, multiple headings are at the wrong heading level, and thus have the wrong color/size/indentation etc. These headings are "(If already awake)" (p. 101), "Interrogate him or her:" (p. 101), "Demand more reward:" (p. 101), "(Approaching the body)" (p. 106), "(If Sacmist is there)" (p. 108), "(If the meret delays, Sacmist arrives)" (p. 108), "Search for the supernatural:" (p. 110), "(Exploring)" (p. 111), "(Traveling to the pyramid)" (p. 111), "(Reaching the pyramid)" (p. 111), "Piranha:" (p. 112), "Trap:" (p.113), "Quicksand:" (p.113) and "Interrogating Gustavo:" (p.115)

I had noticed some minor details from Guildhall were used, while others weren't. I noticed that the maa-kep guildmaster lacked his uber chisel. Similarly, the First Prophet of Rio.. I suppose its possible when the First Prophet of Alexandria vanished in the third turn, his replacement wasn't in Africa or the Middle East, but the ''new'' position as First Prophet of South America. I am trying to figure out how the First Prophets fit into history, and that First Prophet in Rio would HAVE to be the one mentioned in guildhall as being the only one that wasn't a papal figure in Irem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
      I suppose its possible when the First Prophet of Alexandria vanished in the third turn, his replacement wasn't in Africa or the Middle East, but the ''new'' position as First Prophet of South America. I am trying to figure out how the First Prophets fit into history, and that First Prophet in Rio would HAVE to be the one mentioned in guildhall as being the only one that wasn't a papal figure in Irem.
      Currently there are 7 First Prophets, I guess for Europe, Africa, the Middle-East, Asia, North America, South America and Australia. But during the Third Sothic Turn the Americas and Australia probably weren't administrated by the Guild yet, so I guess the division of land between First Prophets was different back then. It does make sense for a new First Prophet to govern one of the newly discovered continents.

What probably happened is that when South America was colonized the loss of Tef-Re was still recent enough for no new First Prophet to have been chosen (as "recent" is a relative concept for Arisen). No First Prophet wanted to relocate there, so they just promoted the most senior Su-Menent already there. When even more new continents were discovered, some of the original First Prophets probably had no choice but relocating.

Comment

Working...
      X