No announcement yet.

Softening Mummy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The confusion about losing Cult might be because that's exactly what happens to the Deceived. They permanently lose any Cult or Tomb tying them to the living world, and can no longer be Called by anyone except Fate and the Sothic Turn. However they will arise at least each Sothic Turn until the end of time, and between each arising exist in communion with Fate itself.

Comment

Originally posted by KageMCS View Post
      The confusion about losing Cult might be because that's exactly what happens to the Deceived. They permanently lose any Cult or Tomb tying them to the living world, and can no longer be Called by anyone except Fate and the Sothic Turn. However they will arise at least each Sothic Turn until the end of time, and between each arising exist in communion with Fate itself.
      Ah, yeah, that would make perfect sense. Especially as it's likely people have read the Deceived book more recently than the Mummy book.

I was pretty baffled

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

Point, but modern innovations are equalling and surpassing many of the greatest feats of Iremite magic, even if many still remain beyond the capabilities of science. Sure, it's likely that this regime will self-destruct like all the rest eventually, but the fact remains that mundane humans, unempowered by the blessings and wisdom of the Shan'iatu are coming closer and closer to their power - hells, the Shan'iatu could call down meteors, but could they unleash the sheer annihilation of a nuclear bomb? Could they walk on the moon? Raise buildings higher than the Pyramids as a matter of course? Sure, modern humans are ignorant in many ways, but they've come up with things that the Iremites and the Shan'iatu never dreamed of, except perhaps in prophecy.
        Now I'm picturing some kind of cosmic horror version of Annie get your gun....

God-Machine: Anything you can do I can do better! I can do anything better than you!

Judges: No you can't!

God-Machine: Yes I can!

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post

Now I'm picturing some kind of cosmic horror version of Annie get your gun....

God-Machine: Anything you can do I can do better! I can do anything better than you!

God-Machine: Yes I can!

This made me smile. You made me smile at the Judges and the God-Machine. WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Working...
          X