Dark Eras: Fall of Isireion Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras: Fall of Isireion Discussion

This Era was written by Matthew Dawkins and, I think, Malcolm Sheppard. I was lucky enough to expand it by 10,000 words, about half of which was used to include Immortals crossover material.

I hope you all enjoy it Matthew did a great job and wrote the expansion material in less than a week on top of that. I was amazed at how he seemed to be able to read my mind at times, especially with the bane relic, Ikhtil's Carapace.

I kind of knew you'd jump right on this!

Don't tell everyone I wrote it in a week though - the seams will start to show...

Matthew Dawkins
    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

I am very excited about this. More Mummy is always great to see. Which Immortals made the transition, and, more importantly, what are the Sekhem Sorcerers like? They were in this chapter, were they not?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
        I am very excited about this. More Mummy is always great to see. Which Immortals made the transition, and, more importantly, what are the Sekhem Sorcerers like? They were in this chapter, were they not?
        They are indeed. Did you back Dark Eras?

Matthew Dawkins
        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Regrettably, I did not, which seems to be a fairly regular bane of people who got into Mummy a little late. Find out about it later, but not soon enough to actually get early access to the cool stuff.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

There are Immortals in here! Blood Bathers and Body Thieves. Sorcerers with minimal rites but hey, they are there, (open rite mastery is sweet). Cult talk. What Vestige ratings mean! (Will double check Guildhalls to see if I missed it earlier.)

This is awesome. It even mentions the fall of the Weret-Hekau.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

What kind of rites do Sekhem Sorcerers get to use? And what is open rite mastery? What do Vestige ratings mean?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Vestige dots relate to Pillars as far as Sorcery is concerned. Open Rites are Sorcery anyone can learn and use without the Merit. Stuff like Exorcisms, Summoning an Arisen and creating an Amkhata. Open Rite Mastery raises an Attribute temporarily while you perform the Rite, in addition to being better at it...plus a few other things.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                  Vestige dots relate to Pillars as far as Sorcery is concerned. Open Rites are Sorcery anyone can learn and use without the Merit. Stuff like Exorcisms, Summoning an Arisen and creating an Amkhata. Open Rite Mastery raises an Attribute temporarily while you perform the Rite, in addition to being better at it...plus a few other things.
                  Okay, I really need to get my hands on the Companion book as soon as possible. This will give me a lot of writing material to work with for Age of Azar.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I'm only at the Cult of Isis, but so far this has more than redeemed Mummy's Dark Eras content. All the beats that I felt like were missed opportunities in Ruins of Empire are being hit squarely here, and it's tying in multiple eras to boot. So far I'm seeing To the Strongest, Requiem for Rome, and The Cannibal Hymn, but I'm likely missing some too. Hell, the Requiem tie-ins aren't even by dint of occupying the same time periods, I'm pretty sure I saw the Legio Mortuum explicitly referenced when I did my initial skim! This is awesome.

CofD booklists:
                    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Thanks for the initial info. The wait until this goes on general sale is going to drive me nutters. Any Mutapa empire crossover goodies/interesting craziness?

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

I'm intrigued by wanting to know what kind of rites Sekhem Sorcerers can learn, beyond Amkhat Building and Deathless Summoning, but I must admit I'm more intrigued by what Arcana are used to manipulate Sekhem and Pillars (especially since I'd like to see which Subtle Arcana relate to which Pillar).

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Wow, rules for sorcerers!

It only took an edition to get there!

(seriously, I'm more relieved than anything else that someone managed to bite the damn bullet and just explain what they are already).

Still, I like 'em-the simple existence of Open Rite Mastery (and the fact you don't need to spend Merit dots to learn Open Rites, just makes a few dice rolls-literally anyone can do them, it's just that true sorcerers can get really good at them) makes the stringent requirements of the Merit (you need to have four dots in two Mental attributes, 4 dots and a specialty in Occult, 4 dots in other Mental skills and another specialty, and even then it's a four dot merit-I suspect the optional rule of capping Morality/Integrity to get a slot is going to see a lot of use, which makes sorcerers even more Conan-esque) worth it. Of course, this also means that any sorcerer is a borderline genius who likely knows more about the Arisen than they do themselves, which I think is the point. They may not have the knowledge of Irem at their beck and call, but all of them are the kind of people who essentially taught themselves quantum physics after dropping out of high school.

Of course, I'm also going to turn the requirements way down to actually make them reasonably playable-maybe three dots in Occult at minimum, make Sorcerous Knowledge a two-dot Merit because learning sorcery with the requirements for the Merit is not exactly hard-but still.

Comment

Well that makes sorcerers really terrifying if that's the baseline for learning Sekhem Sorcery. Also makes it a retroactive moment of awesome for the Deathless since each of them learned it while they were alive. Though, of course, they had the Shan'iatu to help them out and whole organized system. So Sekhem Sorcerers can sacrifice their maximum Morality/Integrity to learn rituals? Makes sense to me, given the Lovecraft/Conan vibe of Mummy.

Can they make Relics?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
                              Well that makes sorcerers really terrifying if that's the baseline for learning Sekhem Sorcery. Also makes it a retroactive moment of awesome for the Deathless since each of them learned it while they were alive. Though, of course, they had the Shan'iatu to help them out and whole organized system. So Sekhem Sorcerers can sacrifice their maximum Morality/Integrity to learn rituals? Makes sense to me, given the Lovecraft/Conan vibe of Mummy.

Can they make Relics?
                              They can, but usually only one. One of the listed relics was a sorcerer who died shortly after it's done. Makes me think of what the Weret-Hekau thought about how dangerous Sekhem was. It's grabbing plutonium with your bare hands. Even the Mages use the Arcana like tongs to manipulate it at a distance.

Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
                              Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Working...
                              X