No announcement yet.

Non-English player: some questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean - what are an immortal god-king's goals going to look like?
    He also wants to strengthen his Cult's connections with the Guilds of London, find out where the rest of the meret is maybe sit down for some much-needed reading.
    She wants to hunt down and personally eviscerate the Shuankhsen that has been hounding her forever, and I think have a girl's night out with one of the NPCs.

Their personal goals are going to be whatever the player wants. Mummies don't just lie back in their tombs because it would take a long time to die again, and they have an undeniable urge to go out and do whatever stuff the Cult raised them for. They're going to be invested in that in a major way from the gate.

In Mummy, the players don't really define their backstory; the Storyteller does and keeps it secret so the players can be intrigued by it and go figure it out. It's another inbuilt mystery and hopefully that draws them along.
    The guy PC did some terrible stuff in the 50 years proceeding his arising in the 1950s and he's heavily invested now in figuring out what - especially because he had his Cult raise him repeatedly over a three-ish year period to burn out his Memory.

Also keep in mind, by the way, that if a Mummy did just lay back down and burn out their Sekhem on purpose to go back to sleep, it's a Memory 1 (I think) Infraction and their cult can just raise them again.
    They'll just go down to Memory 0, at which case they're a robot that just exists to fulfill the First Purpose. Bad news. Worth keeping yourself active. Gotta have a hobby.
    Last edited by Ben Quo; 07-19-2017, 10:24 PM.

My Promethean Homebrew.

Yes, I made it the same way as a Promethean. No, the authorities haven't found me yet.

Comment

Exellent! Thank you for detailed answer, Ben Quo!
      If it's not too much, can you help me with spelling of words Irem, Shan'iatu, Sheut, Maa-Kep, Mesen-Nebu, Sesha-Hebsu, Su-Menent, Tef-Aabhi, Akhem-Urtu and Shuankhsen? If it's too much, just thank you again!

Comment

You just spelled them all right >_>
        Do you mean pronunciation or do you mean like, definition?
        I know English is your second language (obviously) so may I ask what your native language is?

My Promethean Homebrew.

Yes, I made it the same way as a Promethean. No, the authorities haven't found me yet.

Comment

Oh, excuse my mistake! My native language is Russian.
          I asked about pronunciation. Like: is Irem [aɪrem] or [ɪrem] or is Aabhi (in "Tef-Aabhi") [ɑːbhi] or [aabhi] (with two "a" sounds)? I know these are mostly Egyptian words, but how English-speakers pronunce them?
          Big thanks for your wish to help, Ben Quo.
          Last edited by Horus; 07-22-2017, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Seems it's a really cursed question since nobody answer it) Anyway, great thanks to all who helped me!

Comment

So, the word "Irem" is first found in the Qur'an, 89:8, Surat al-Fajr, The Dawn. It is إِرَمَ, which in IPA would be "?ɪram", beginning with a small glottal stop, so I would go with that.

Comment

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, thanks for detailed answer! It seems linguistically right.

Comment

Working...
                X