Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Mummy The Curse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Mummy The Curse

I didn't see this thread in the forum, so I figured I'd make it . Please correct me If I'm mistaken and this thread already in existence for Mummy.

Question: Do Utterances have a flat dice pool? If it's not stated - does it not have a dice pool for it? For example like Tier 2 of Word of the Amanuesis. I know some abilities don't have them but it seems a lot of them are missing.

Utterances have no standard dice pool mechanic. This is intentional. The design team wanted some Utterances to always work, others to have a dice pool that scales with Sekhem, and others to have a dice pool that didn't scale at all. Some Utterances were meant to emphasise the descent by declining in power as the Mummy did, while others were intended to remain at the same strength until the Arisen lost access to them entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Azahul View Post
      Utterances have no standard dice pool mechanic. This is intentional. The design team wanted some Utterances to always work, others to have a dice pool that scales with Sekhem, and others to have a dice pool that didn't scale at all. Some Utterances were meant to emphasise the descent by declining in power as the Mummy did, while others were intended to remain at the same strength until the Arisen lost access to them entirely.
      So in regards to Tier 2 - Word of Amaunuesis; does this roll sybaris or the like? Or if a power clashes against it - is it a clash of wills?

Comment

Originally posted by Volke View Post
        So in regards to Tier 2 - Word of Amaunuesis; does this roll sybaris or the like? Or if a power clashes against it - is it a clash of wills?
        Well, Mummy actually predates the Clash of Wills rule I think, so any clash would come down to GM fiat in all likelihood. Which could well mean a clash of wills if you're that way inclined.

With respect to Tier 2, I'm not sure what you mean exactly? The Tier 2 provides a benefit to all rolls to Intimidate, and an additional bonus to rolls against those suffering from Sybaris. If the target is suffering from Sybaris, they can ignore their Sybaris for the duration of carrying out the Mummy's orders. For the most part it just modifies other actions. Which part of it do you feel requires a dice roll?

Comment

Originally posted by Azahul View Post
          Well, Mummy actually predates the Clash of Wills rule I think, so any clash would come down to GM fiat in all likelihood. Which could well mean a clash of wills if you're that way inclined.

With respect to Tier 2, I'm not sure what you mean exactly? The Tier 2 provides a benefit to all rolls to Intimidate, and an additional bonus to rolls against those suffering from Sybaris. If the target is suffering from Sybaris, they can ignore their Sybaris for the duration of carrying out the Mummy's orders. For the most part it just modifies other actions. Which part of it do you feel requires a dice roll?
          Nevermind - It was late last night and I misread it - Apologies * thanks for the help Azahul

Comment

So under the Mesen-Nebu stereotypes, we have:

"Su-Menent: I appreciate physicality as much as the next woman, but to paraphrase, if you like it then you should put a ring on it. A gold one, with certain properties."

There are lots of things that I don't understand about Mummy, but this one stands out to me, because I infer from it that Merew-Tjaw has been listening to Single Ladies by Beyonce. But what else does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post
              So under the Mesen-Nebu stereotypes, we have:

"Su-Menent: I appreciate physicality as much as the next woman, but to paraphrase, if you like it then you should put a ring on it. A gold one, with certain properties."

There are lots of things that I don't understand about Mummy, but this one stands out to me, because I infer from it that Merew-Tjaw has been listening to Single Ladies by Beyonce. But what else does it mean?
              I assumed it was a dig, referencing the idea that the priesthood fiddles around with corpses, and Arisen are technically corpses, especially while in repose. I'dve said something more like ''if you're going to be fiddling around with my body, at least buy me dinner first''

Of course, there are nuances. For one, Shellshepherds focus on the physical body, rather than the Dewdwen it contained. If focusing on the physical, at least focus on something beautiful like jewelry. Much prettier than corpses.

Similarly, there are many things that the Su-Menent seem to flirt, or even obsess over, without ''committing'' to it. They fixate on death and corpses, but not enough to stay dead. They worship the Elder Gods and Judges, but also seem more afraid of them than other Arisen. They could've fully committed themselves to the physical body, but instead cheat on it with gods and ghosts.

Plus, who knows, maybe there is an enchanted Regina ring that can not only resurrect a corpse as easily as Uter magic, but can make them dance in unison.

Comment

Working...
              X