It's coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's coming!

You knew this was going to happen? Right? Right?

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

The cycle ends. Nice, my appreciation for Mummy has been quieter than that for other gamelines, but this is cool

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
    Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

As Was Foretold.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

(From the Dark Eras 2 thread):
        Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
        Barring a surprise announcement at this year's GenCon for a MtC2.
        Huh. I ended up being right. Who'da thunk?

Either way, something to look forward to.

Comment

Wait until you hear who's developing it.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
          Work Blog Coming Soon
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

My guess would've been Gentleman Gamer because he's worked on Mummy a couple times now and has a relationship with CAS. Regardless I'm glad it'll be someone new.

I guess it's time to finalize all those freelancer submissions I have >_>

Comment

Cool. I always wanted to play Mummy.

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                My guess would've been Gentleman Gamer because he's worked on Mummy a couple times now and has a relationship with CAS. Regardless I'm glad it'll be someone new.

I guess it's time to finalize all those freelancer submissions I have >_>
                Same here.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                He/him pronouns, please

Comment

A teensy bit sad I won't have a chance to work on this, but I'm glad it's actually happening. So I have to ask: what's everyone hoping for out of a new edition?

I'm personally hoping for more support for troupe play right out of the box.
                  Last edited by atamajakki; 08-17-2017, 03:15 PM.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

A streamlining and flattening of certain mechanics and fiddly moving parts that made working out Mummy be much more clumsy than it had to. I thought some of the peculiarities were very fitting at points, but that doesn't mean they were exactly good design, and in the context of 2e, there's a lot that could benefit from significant overhaul. A few presentation points like the "storyteller's wall" enforcing a separation of knowledge from the players in and out of character are entirely sensible to throw out.

The existing fluff fantastic and I expect it will be conserved as something that's unlike anything else in the CofD, but things such as the very specific prerequisites of Utterance tiers and the differentiation of pillars as technically different resources that are only interchangeable sometimes seem like logical points to simplify.
                    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 08-18-2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Ooo! Who's developing it? Very excited! Enjoyed the 1st edition greatly and am eager to see the transition into 2nd edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
                        Ooo! Who's developing it? Very excited! Enjoyed the 1st edition greatly and am eager to see the transition into 2nd edition.
                        Not my place to say, but I geeked out when I found out.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                        Work Blog Coming Soon
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Not my place to say, but I geeked out when I found out.
                          this brings a grin of anticipated geeking out !

Comment

I'd guess Malcolm Sheppard, but I think he's busy with Green Ronin now.

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            A teensy bit sad I won't have a chance to work on this, but I'm glad it's actually happening. So I have to ask: what's everyone hoping for out of a new edition?

I'm personally hoping for more support for troupe play right out of the box.
                            I'd like more emphasis on player cultists. It's a great opportunity for lesser template characters. Mechanically, I'd like to see an update to the Deceived powers that were based on the fixed list of virtues and vices. I'd like to see Memory reworked as its own stat separate from Morality the way Humanity, Wisdom, and so many others were.

Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
                            Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Do you think Utterances will be more freeform and loose, as is the trend for most 2e updates, or will they stay stricter defined abilities like what we got?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X