It's coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    Non-Arisen Immortals are not Iremite in origin.
    Okay, perhaps that undermines my theory of Minor Guilds = None Arisen Immortals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      Wadjet-Itja is a new Guild, perhaps a minor Guild or a new major one as it was listed with the other major guilds.

Wadjet-Itja means Green One Thief. Wadjet was a Goddess of Lower Egypt, Synchronized with Bast at times, who was originally the Protector of Lower Egypt.

Could these be beings who found a way to steal Immortality from other Mummies, or an Iremite Thieves Guild? Could it be a reference to Body Thieves from Immortals?

That would explain the hatred they recieve from the Iremite secret police because Body Thieves could spy on the cults and mess with the intelligence gathering with ease. They are immortal rivals (or perfect servants) for the Maa-Kep.

Yeah the more I think on it, the more convinced I become that the minor Guilds are various kinds of Immortals, with the Wadjet-Itja being Body Thieves.

Minor Guilds (Immortals) seem to be rivals and servants to the Mummies, a mix of allies and antagonists for Mummies the way Hobgoblins and Hedge Ghosts are for Changelings.
      Wadjet is also used as an alternate name for the Eye of Horus, the symbol that often pops up in regard to ancient Egypt (including the very eye that peeks out from underneath the sand on the cover of the 1e Core book for Mummy: the Curse). Mythology says Horus and Set fought over the throne of Osiris, and Set clawed out Horus' eye. Isis later restored the eye, and Horus tried to use its magic to resurrect Osiris. For this reason it symbolizes healing, sacrifice, resurrection and protection.

"Itja", according to the internet, means "thief" Thus- Thieves of Wadjet, or Thieves of the Eye of Horus. Since the myth involves Set this group could represent Apotheosis or something similar.

Perhaps, since both Set and Horus are gods of war, this mysterious 7th Guild comes from the ranks of the army...or that failed rebellion mentioned in Book of the Deceived?

Comment

Wadjet-Itja is a new Guild, perhaps a minor Guild or a new major one as it was listed with the other major guilds.

Yeah the more I think on it, the more convinced I become that the minor Guilds are various kinds of Immortals, with the Wadjet-Itja being Body Thieves.

Minor Guilds (Immortals) seem to be rivals and servants to the Mummies, a mix of allies and antagonists for Mummies the way Hobgoblins and Hedge Ghosts are for Changelings.
        The idea of the Iremites giving non-Iremite immortals the name as a group label does sound pretty awesome! I like your logic here. Fits well with the concepts of Immortal Iremite pride and superiority that citizens of the Nameless Empire might largely share and the disdain they may have for 'pretenders' to their timeless nature.

AND HOLY COW THAT PREVIEW OF THE MAA-KEP WAS AWESOME!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert D View Post

The idea of the Iremites giving non-Iremite immortals the name as a group label does sound pretty awesome! I like your logic here. Fits well with the concepts of Immortal Iremite pride and superiority that citizens of the Nameless Empire might largely share and the disdain they may have for 'pretenders' to their timeless nature.

AND HOLY COW THAT PREVIEW OF THE MAA-KEP WAS AWESOME!
          All credit goes to Meghan for her fantastic writing.

Matthew Dawkins
          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• God, I love the Maa-Kep.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Does anyone else think that Junta and Dapifers are odd choices for nicknames? Usually in WoD/CofD games, the uncommon name is the splat name, and the nickname is something more informal and familiar. Like Nosferatu and Haunts or Mastigos and Warlocks.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
              Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
              Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

• Originally posted by Octavo View Post
                Does anyone else think that Junta and Dapifers are odd choices for nicknames? Usually in WoD/CofD games, the uncommon name is the splat name, and the nickname is something more informal and familiar. Like Nosferatu and Haunts or Mastigos and Warlocks.
                I hadn't thought about it but yeah they kinda are. Like, calling the Maa-Kep as a whole The Junta sounds good, but A Junta is a bit odd.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I had to look up Dapifers, so if the idea is to give them nicknames to help players round the unusual terminology, I don't think that does that.

I guess we'll see if there's an explanation of the nicknames.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post

I hadn't thought about it but yeah they kinda are. Like, calling the Maa-Kep as a whole The Junta sounds good, but A Junta is a bit odd.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I had to look up Dapifers, so if the idea is to give them nicknames to help players round the unusual terminology, I don't think that does that.

I guess we'll see if there's an explanation of the nicknames.

Yeah. I see why they call themselves that (it's essentially Egyptian for "steward"), but "junta" is a term for a group of people, you sit on a Junta, you aren't one. (personal note), "dapifier" makes me think "dapper", which makes me think that the Maa-Kep are a bunch of highly competent tailors and male politeness coaches).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

All credit goes to Meghan for her fantastic writing.
                    Is that confirmation that the Minor Guilds are just the Mummy given names for none Iremite Immortals?

Comment

Is that confirmation that the Minor Guilds are just the Mummy given names for none Iremite Immortals?
                      No. It’s giving credit where credit is due for the compliment given about the preview.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                      Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                      Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• It's already been said they are not called minor guilds if non iremite immortals. Minor guilds are iremite guilds who were deemed too unimportant to become mummies (I think)

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                          It's already been said they are not called minor guilds if non iremite immortals. Minor guilds are iremite guilds who were deemed too unimportant to become mummies (I think)
                          Might be better put as "Iremite guilds who were not included in the Rite of Return, but still attained some form of immortality" (the Maar-Kherit, for example, were eliminated for not going along with the Rite).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Might be better put as "Iremite guilds who were not included in the Rite of Return, but still attained some form of immortality" (the Maar-Kherit, for example, were eliminated for not going along with the Rite).
                            Thank you very much

Comment

Wadjet-Itja means Green One Thief. Wadjet was a Goddess of Lower Egypt, Synchronized with Bast at times, who was originally the Protector of Lower Egypt.

Could these be beings who found a way to steal Immortality from other Mummies, or an Iremite Thieves Guild? Could it be a reference to Body Thieves from Immortals?

That would explain the hatred they recieve from the Iremite secret police because Body Thieves could spy on the cults and mess with the intelligence gathering with ease. They are immortal rivals (or perfect servants) for the Maa-Kep.

Much like how the Maar-Kherit was a sister Guild to the Su-Menent, the Wadjet-Itja could serve as a counter or even a mirror to the engravers- except where as the Physics fell and were swept aside, this Guild remained complicit and so underwent the Rite as normal.

Perhaps this guild specialized in intelligence gathering and infiltration; but rather than maintaining order and acting as watchdogs within the Nameless Empire the Wadjet-Itja focused on perpetuating and expanding the Empire’s influence and borders to other lands?

A guild that trained people in magic and mundane skills to intergate, study, and undermine rival cultures in preparation for the hammer blow of Irem’s armies: a guild that produced saboteurs and assassins to act as the vanguard wave of Iremite invasions?

And now after it’s fall, they continue on much as before, only now they are doing so according to a more personal agenda; subverting resources, mortals, and even magical power to forever expand their own influence within the world, sometimes alongside the Maa-Kep in order to perpetuate Iremite’s values farther afield, most times in direct opposition in a sort of Spy Vs Spy kind of rivalry.
                              Last edited by Korogra; 05-15-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Korogra View Post

Much like how the Maar-Kherit was a sister Guild to the Su-Menent, the Wadjet-Itja could serve as a counter or even a mirror to the engravers- except where as the Physics fell and were swept aside, this Guild remained complicit and so underwent the Rite as normal.

Perhaps this guild specialized in intelligence gathering and infiltration; but rather than maintaining order and acting as watchdogs within the Nameless Empire the Wadjet-Itja focused on perpetuating and expanding the Empire’s influence and borders to other lands?

A guild that trained people in magic and mundane skills to intergate, study, and undermine rival cultures in preparation for the hammer blow of Irem’s armies: a guild that produced saboteurs and assassins to act as the vanguard wave of Iremite invasions?

And now after it’s fall, they continue on much as before, only now they are doing so according to a more personal agenda; subverting resources, mortals, and even magical power to forever expand their own influence within the world, sometimes alongside the Maa-Kep in order to perpetuate Iremite’s values farther afield, most times in direct opposition in a sort of Spy Vs Spy kind of rivalry.
                                I would say the idea that Wadjet-Itja is a minor Guild is unlikely for the simple fact that they are being mentioned alongside the established "main" guilds while the one minor guild we know about is unremarked upon. That implies to me that whatever the WI is is considered more important or at least distinguishable enough from other groups to be spoken of alongside them all.

Also, my reading of minor guilds is that they were specialized groups overseen by the larger, broader Guild. Their area of expertise is finer than the main guilds but ultimately they are overseen by the larger guild who in turn reported to the six Shan'iatu of that Guild. I dunno if all members of a given minor guild are another form of immortal altogether or not. I suspect not, since it would make sense to me that the minor guilds would fall under the auspices of the major ones when it came time to pick for the Rite of Return. E.G.- nobody much cared if you were "just" a part of the major guild or specialized in a minor guild within the hierarchy of that major one. If you were a good servant, you made the cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X