It's coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nothri View Post
    I would say the idea that Wadjet-Itja is a minor Guild is unlikely for the simple fact that they are being mentioned alongside the established "main" guilds while the one minor guild we know about is unremarked upon. That implies to me that whatever the WI is is considered more important or at least distinguishable enough from other groups to be spoken of alongside them all.
    Alternatively, they're the Maa-Kep's associated minor Guild, as the Maar-Kherit are the Su-Menent's, and that's why they show up in their stereotypes.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I would say the idea that Wadjet-Itja is a minor Guild is unlikely for the simple fact that they are being mentioned alongside the established "main" guilds while the one minor guild we know about is unremarked upon. That implies to me that whatever the WI is is considered more important or at least distinguishable enough from other groups to be spoken of alongside them all.

Also, my reading of minor guilds is that they were specialized groups overseen by the larger, broader Guild. Their area of expertise is finer than the main guilds but ultimately they are overseen by the larger guild who in turn reported to the six Shan'iatu of that Guild. I dunno if all members of a given minor guild are another form of immortal altogether or not. I suspect not, since it would make sense to me that the minor guilds would fall under the auspices of the major ones when it came time to pick for the Rite of Return. E.G.- nobody much cared if you were "just" a part of the major guild or specialized in a minor guild within the hierarchy of that major one. If you were a good servant, you made the cut.
      I apologize, I thought my mention of them undergoing the Rite solidified the notion that I was considering them to be a Fully established post Irem Guild that operated along with their peers. ^^;

I do not think they are a Minor Guild, no. I used the term Sister Guild to convey commonality with the Maa-Kep, sorry to be confusing!

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Alternatively, they're the Maa-Kep's associated minor Guild, as the Maar-Kherit are the Su-Menent's, and that's why they show up in their stereotypes.
        That is admittedly a possibility, I guess we will all have to see when another guild preview happens to be sure.

Comment

• So they are likely a new major Guild, cool.

Comment

• So if the new Guild is a catch all for "fake" immortals, they logically wouldn't have their own version of a relic they specialized in. But who cares! Are there any forms of Egyptian magic or relics you can think of that are "missing" from the first edition that might pop up as a sixth item for mummies to seek in second edition you can think of? Let's speculate!

Comment

So if the new Guild is a catch all for "fake" immortals, they logically wouldn't have their own version of a relic they specialized in. But who cares! Are there any forms of Egyptian magic or relics you can think of that are "missing" from the first edition that might pop up as a sixth item for mummies to seek in second edition you can think of? Let's speculate!
              7th. 7th item or magic. Seba are a thing, providing a loose astronomy/name type magic. Any further types would be coming after that.
              Last edited by FallenEco; 05-24-2019, 11:27 PM.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

7th. 7th item or magic. Seba are a thing, providing a loose astronomy/name type magic. Any further types would be coming after that.
                Seba might be the coolest thing in the entire gameline.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• There are a lot of cool things here. Book of the Deceived was awesome and I'm hoping most of it is retained for 2e. I get the the Deceived themselves won't get PC write ups in there (similar to the Pure) but will likely show up early in the line, most likely in a Night Horrors book (like Shunned by the Moon). But that is a bad place to put Seba, so hopefully in the 2e Core they'll have room...or the PG.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• I could see Seba as rather common, if occluded

Comment

So if the new Guild is a catch all for "fake" immortals, they logically wouldn't have their own version of a relic they specialized in. But who cares! Are there any forms of Egyptian magic or relics you can think of that are "missing" from the first edition that might pop up as a sixth item for mummies to seek in second edition you can think of? Let's speculate!

Have you heard something confirming they are a catch all for "fake" Immortals or is it just a guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Have you heard something confirming they are a catch all for "fake" Immortals or is it just a guess?
                        nothing has confirmed this. one person mentioned and for some reason its caught on (though to be fair, its could be not completely wrong. the first minor guild we saw was of Irem, but managed to put itself into a twisted mockery of immortality. for all we know all minor guilds we see have their own immortality)

Comment

• Is there a convention going on? Someone on a Discord server said they hear Mummy talk at a panel.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            Is there a convention going on? Someone on a Discord server said they hear Mummy talk at a panel.
                            UK Gaming Expo!

Edit: Which Discord was it on? I don't see it in the CofD one. (Not that I need to know, but I like to keep track of what has been said publicly)
                            Last edited by Second Chances; 06-03-2019, 01:19 AM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

UK Gaming Expo!

Edit: Which Discord was it on? I don't see it in the CofD one. (Not that I need to know, but I like to keep track of what has been said publicly)
                              A small personal one, where someone said, literally, “Onyx Path is very excited about Mummy 2e.” I’d certainly love more

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

A small personal one, where someone said, literally, “Onyx Path is very excited about Mummy 2e.” I’d certainly love more
                                Heh. Well, I'm excited for it, and I'm sure everyone else who has seen the drafts is too.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X