Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I'd love more material on ghosts, revenants, Sadikh and Fasad, Witnesses, and Sekhem sorcerers. Again I'm thinking of Night Horrors but exploring them as peripheral characters like Half-damned would be interesting, too.

    Comment


    • #62
      I think that a short, Heirs to Hell-style book on playing ghosts, Sadikh, Fasad, and Sekhem sorcerers would be perfect! And, I think playable ghosts are on the hit list for Geist 2e, so those rules should be usable.


      CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
        I think that a short, Heirs to Hell-style book on playing ghosts, Sadikh, Fasad, and Sekhem sorcerers would be perfect! And, I think playable ghosts are on the hit list for Geist 2e, so those rules should be usable.
        My dream book is one on cultists, with room for sadikh, fasad, ghosts, and other exceptional mortals.


        Just call me Lex.

        Female pronouns for me, please.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

          My dream book is one on cultists, with room for sadikh, fasad, ghosts, and other exceptional mortals.
          I completely meant to include cultists in there and biffed on it. My bad.


          CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

            I completely meant to include cultists in there and biffed on it. My bad.
            If full guns-out support for playing as cultists isn't a meaty chapter in the new core, them I want it to be the first supplement. Mummy cries out for troupe play, and 1e's support for it boiled down to "yeah, that's a good idea!"


            Just call me Lex.

            Female pronouns for me, please.

            Comment


            • #66
              Everyone forgets Witnesses

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by reseru View Post
                Everyone forgets Witnesses
                I'd kill for a deeper dive into what being a Witness means and feels like.


                Just call me Lex.

                Female pronouns for me, please.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by reseru View Post
                  Everyone forgets Witnesses
                  Was there any detail there beyond "remember Sleepwalkers? They're back, in pog form!" I don't remember any real hook there apart from being the guys you use when you want a recurring mortal NPC.


                  2E Legacy Updates
                  Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                  Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                  Storm Keepers

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Caladriu View Post

                    Was there any detail there beyond "remember Sleepwalkers? They're back, in pog form!" I don't remember any real hook there apart from being the guys you use when you want a recurring mortal NPC.
                    Sleepwalkers didn't really have an innate burgeoning fascination with mages and a sixth sense for Supernal magic baked into their template.


                    Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      The immunity to Sybaris was pretty much a must if you wanted a human (or, more likely, a group of humans) to ever stand a chance against an Arisen in a violent confrontation.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I just think of them having potential of depth the same way Wolf-blooded and Priximi were given, though I suppose Mummy's equivalent of those supporting roles are Sadikhs.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Azahul View Post
                          The immunity to Sybaris was pretty much a must if you wanted a human (or, more likely, a group of humans) to ever stand a chance against an Arisen in a violent confrontation.
                          The obsession with the Arisen is more of a hindrance though.


                          Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by reseru View Post
                            I just think of them having potential of depth the same way Wolf-blooded and Priximi were given, though I suppose Mummy's equivalent of those supporting roles are Sadikhs.
                            I think Sleepwalker (and supporting Merits) would be a good equivalent, if not Wolf-blooded, for Witnesses.

                            Give them a little edge and distinction.


                            Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                              The obsession with the Arisen is more of a hindrance though.
                              I guess you could look at it as a built-in potential motivator for plot hooks. Mages have a mechanical trait similar and it's literally called 'Obsession'

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

                                The obsession with the Arisen is more of a hindrance though.
                                In a fight? Not as much as Sybaris, that's for sure.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X