Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hawthorn View Post
    Tier 1:
    Cultists (Basically normal Blue Book humans with access to some unique resources)
    Witnesses (Since I don't see them getting that much more powerful in 2E just more fleshed out)
    For Witnesses, I could see them being enhanced like Stigmatics (bonus Supernatural merit), Wolf-Blooded (Curse with a linked Boon), or Sleepwalkers (Witness being a Gateway merit/state for other Merits).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawthorn View Post
      As a wild idea Mummy 2E might want to adopt the Tier's of play system Hunters used for a while now.

Tier 1:
      Cultists (Basically normal Blue Book humans with access to some unique resources)
      Witnesses (Since I don't see them getting that much more powerful in 2E just more fleshed out)

Tier 2:
      Sadikh (These guys, for me are the obvious mini-splat akin to Ghouls, they just need a bit of reworking)
      Ghost Cultists (One again, basically made with Blue Book rules but with some unique merits or numina)

Tier 3:
      Arisen
      Deceived

I'm dicey about including Sekhem Sorcerers as a player option. Mainly because most of the 1E fluff about them was focused on them being considered upstart pretenders to the Shan'Iatu's power who kinda mangled Sekhem everytime they managed to pull off any magic. I think they might be better off in an antagonist role aking to Alchemists in Promethean 2E.
      Well... I'm in agreement with those who think the Deceived would be better off in a supplement where they can get maximum room. But you could quite easily fill all three tiers with groups who would antagonists to the Arisen, but viable player characters.

For example, in the core book, you could have:

Tier 1: Cultists, Witnesses

Tier 2: Sadikh, Ghost Cultists (or Revenant Cultists)

Tier 3: Arisen

And in supplements, you could have:

Tier 1: Tomb Raiders (in this context, I mean humans with interest in and talents regarding relics)

Tier 2: Sekhem-users (sorcerers, the scientists alluded to in the core book, mystics who enhance or enlighten themselves via their pillars)

Tier 3: Deceived

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
        Well... I'm in agreement with those who think the Deceived would be better off in a supplement where they can get maximum room. But you could quite easily fill all three tiers with groups who would antagonists to the Arisen, but viable player characters.

For example, in the core book, you could have:

Tier 1: Cultists, Witnesses

Tier 2: Sadikh, Ghost Cultists (or Revenant Cultists)

Tier 3: Arisen

And in supplements, you could have:

Tier 1: Tomb Raiders (in this context, I mean humans with interest in and talents regarding relics)

Tier 2: Sekhem-users (sorcerers, the scientists alluded to in the core book, mystics who enhance or enlighten themselves via their pillars)

Tier 3: Deceived
        Oooo... that would be cool!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
          Oooo... that would be cool!
          It is a packed mythos.

Comment

• The description of Mummy 2e in the GenCon brochure sounds totally dope! Judges becoming more "pervasive and incideous," mummies journeying alongside sorcerers and non-Arisen Immortals, and players following their mummies in their journeys through Duat!

Want. Now!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Def looks dope.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• For easy access:

Originally posted by Mummy the Curse Second Edition, Onyx Path Publishing Brorchure
                Mummy: The Curse 2nd Edition expands the popular concepts of tragic Memory, devastating Utterances, pernicious cults, and fractured guilds. It introduces new aspects to the game, including horrifying rituals, expanding your troupe play to include sorcerers and non-Arisen immortals and finally allowing players to experience and interact with the nightmarish journey through Duat. This edition extends Mummy’s reach around the globe, providing justification and story hooks for starting your chronicles as far from the Nameless Empire as a meret of mummies could wish to go. Mummy tightens its grasp on godlike terror, as the presence of the deific Judges becomes more pervasive and insidious than before. This new chronicle of immortals not only begs the question, “What does it mean to be Deathless?” but also “What does it mean to be Timeless?” Coming Soon!

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

• All super hype, the expansion on the meret is a pretty good thing all things considering, it feels wierd that all mummies would organize as such given how active they are. Very curious on none Arisen Immortals, will this be a chance to talk about mummies from other cultures? Will this go into depth on vampire/mummy interaction? Will this update the Immortals book to 2e? Can’t wait to see.

Also journeys into duat, that be fun. I’m curious tho how this will relate to Memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                    For easy access:
                    Thanks, I'm on my iPad, so I couldn't copy it directly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                      All super hype, the expansion on the meret is a pretty good thing all things considering, it feels wierd that all mummies would organize as such given how active they are. Very curious on none Arisen Immortals, will this be a chance to talk about mummies from other cultures? Will this go into depth on vampire/mummy interaction? Will this update the Immortals book to 2e? Can’t wait to see.

Also journeys into duat, that be fun. I’m curious tho how this will relate to Memory.
                      Re non Arisen immortals. Definitely guessing it's an expansion of inclusion of bluebook style immortals. Getting Sekhem sorcery style stuff in the corebook is going to be gooooooooooooood!

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

• As always, I am not only skeptical but actively repulsed by the idea of non-Nameless Empire mummies-but if the idea is to basically expand the breadth of the Empire to allow for the Arisen/Decieved/Shuankhsen to have a wider starting range, I could get behind it.

Clarity: Other kinds of immortals, on the other hand, are open game, and I look forward to expanding the roster of immortal bastards in general.

Comment

As always, I am not only skeptical but actively repulsed by the idea of non-Nameless Empire mummies-but if the idea is to basically expand the breadth of the Empire to allow for the Arisen/Decieved/Shuankhsen to have a wider starting range, I could get behind it.

Clarity: Other kinds of immortals, on the other hand, are open game, and I look forward to expanding the roster of immortal bastards in general.

Yeah, I my feelings are pretty much the opposite. I am very much a card-carrying member of the "Mummy should be about more than Irem" club, but I do think Mummy should still be fundamentally about Mummies. If it turns what we get is a "this how to apply the Mummy Framework to things besides proto-egyptians" that'll satisfy my desires in practice, if not in spirit. On the other hand, I don't think a character with a handful of longevity themed supernatural merits will be nearly as compelling an experience around Ancient God-Monsters as it might sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by schizoPOP View Post

Yeah, I my feelings are pretty much the opposite. I am very much a card-carrying member of the "Mummy should be about more than Irem" club, but I do think Mummy should still be fundamentally about Mummies. If it turns what we get is a "this how to apply the Mummy Framework to things besides proto-egyptians" that'll satisfy my desires in practice, if not in spirit. On the other hand, I don't think a character with a handful of longevity themed supernatural merits will be nearly as compelling an experience around Ancient God-Monsters as it might sound.
                            You do you, but blegh.

Comment

• The blurb for 2e has me all sorts of hyped. I’m really looking forward to this.

Comment

As always, I am not only skeptical but actively repulsed by the idea of non-Nameless Empire mummies
                                ? Why's that?

Comment

Working...
                                X