Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hawthorn View Post
    Tier 1:
    Cultists (Basically normal Blue Book humans with access to some unique resources)
    Witnesses (Since I don't see them getting that much more powerful in 2E just more fleshed out)
    For Witnesses, I could see them being enhanced like Stigmatics (bonus Supernatural merit), Wolf-Blooded (Curse with a linked Boon), or Sleepwalkers (Witness being a Gateway merit/state for other Merits).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawthorn View Post
      As a wild idea Mummy 2E might want to adopt the Tier's of play system Hunters used for a while now.

Tier 1:
      Cultists (Basically normal Blue Book humans with access to some unique resources)
      Witnesses (Since I don't see them getting that much more powerful in 2E just more fleshed out)

Tier 2:
      Sadikh (These guys, for me are the obvious mini-splat akin to Ghouls, they just need a bit of reworking)
      Ghost Cultists (One again, basically made with Blue Book rules but with some unique merits or numina)

Tier 3:
      Arisen
      Deceived

I'm dicey about including Sekhem Sorcerers as a player option. Mainly because most of the 1E fluff about them was focused on them being considered upstart pretenders to the Shan'Iatu's power who kinda mangled Sekhem everytime they managed to pull off any magic. I think they might be better off in an antagonist role aking to Alchemists in Promethean 2E.
      Well... I'm in agreement with those who think the Deceived would be better off in a supplement where they can get maximum room. But you could quite easily fill all three tiers with groups who would antagonists to the Arisen, but viable player characters.

For example, in the core book, you could have:

Tier 1: Cultists, Witnesses

Tier 2: Sadikh, Ghost Cultists (or Revenant Cultists)

Tier 3: Arisen

And in supplements, you could have:

Tier 1: Tomb Raiders (in this context, I mean humans with interest in and talents regarding relics)

Tier 2: Sekhem-users (sorcerers, the scientists alluded to in the core book, mystics who enhance or enlighten themselves via their pillars)

Tier 3: Deceived

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
        Well... I'm in agreement with those who think the Deceived would be better off in a supplement where they can get maximum room. But you could quite easily fill all three tiers with groups who would antagonists to the Arisen, but viable player characters.

For example, in the core book, you could have:

Tier 1: Cultists, Witnesses

Tier 2: Sadikh, Ghost Cultists (or Revenant Cultists)

Tier 3: Arisen

And in supplements, you could have:

Tier 1: Tomb Raiders (in this context, I mean humans with interest in and talents regarding relics)

Tier 2: Sekhem-users (sorcerers, the scientists alluded to in the core book, mystics who enhance or enlighten themselves via their pillars)

Tier 3: Deceived
        Oooo... that would be cool!

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
        He/His Pronouns
        CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
          Oooo... that would be cool!
          It is a packed mythos.

Comment

Working...
          X