X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic It's coming!

It's coming!

You knew this was going to happen? Right? Right?

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Mummy is currently in Development and the Kickstarter art notes are in, as per the MMN. I have no idea what the timelines are (that’s well above my paygrade), but my guess would be that Hunter gets a Kickstarter first.
    I could see it going either way. They might be holding Hunter back to make sure that it lines up nicely with the other 2e games. Of course, with Mummy in the development phase, such details could also be provided if necessary, allowing Hunter to be brought out first. Either way, I’ll be delighted for both, even if Mummy is the one I’m most eager to see (or rather, most eager for everyone else to see).

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Mummy is currently in Development and the Kickstarter art notes are in, as per the MMN. I have no idea what the timelines are (that’s well above my paygrade), but my guess would be that Hunter gets a Kickstarter first.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
    The kickstarter started?
    Nope.

The speculation is that the MtC2e KS will go up sometime after the Deviant KS completes, but that one still had yet to go up either.

Leave a comment:

• Ipergigio
    replied
    Any news about the second edition? The kickstarter started?

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
    I have no actual knowledge, here, but I do wonder if they’ve been pulling Hunter back so that they can make sure it covers the other 2e games accurately, rather than risking a discrepancy between 1e and 2e versions.
    That is a thought...

...but even then, we've got DE2 and Contagion Chronicle which was explicitly stated that all of the gamelines depicted where in it are 2e compatible. Then again, those books are mostly setting books, and a corebook's mechanical systems would involved more...involved playtesting. So who knows, maybe Hunter2e does need more time.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...well, Hunter also. Although that one's KS art has been done for a while.

I continue to be curious/confused on why that one's playing silent, since that one is farther along in the production pipeline.
    I have no actual knowledge, here, but I do wonder if they’ve been pulling Hunter back so that they can make sure it covers the other 2e games accurately, rather than risking a discrepancy between 1e and 2e versions.

Leave a comment:

• TyrannicalRabbit
    replied
    In his latest news cast to YT, Dawkins did say he hoped for an end of the year KS for it but we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert D View Post
    KS art in the works?! YAHOO! I'm betting marin is right. Deviant the Renegades after the August round up, then I'm betting Cults of the Blood Gods. Then likely Mummy the Curse 2 to close out (or nearly close out if we can squeeze in one more KS before new years) 2019, based on its appearance in the Art direction categories for KS art.
    ...well, Hunter also. Although that one's KS art has been done for a while.

I continue to be curious/confused on why that one's playing silent, since that one is farther along in the production pipeline.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    KS art in the works?! YAHOO! I'm betting marin is right. Deviant the Renegades after the August round up, then I'm betting Cults of the Blood Gods. Then likely Mummy the Curse 2 to close out (or nearly close out if we can squeeze in one more KS before new years) 2019, based on its appearance in the Art direction categories for KS art.

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Non-CofD wise, it's going to be Masquerade's Cults of the Blood Gods after Deviant (they don't have KSes for the same gameline twice in a row), but after that we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    ...specifically the KS art.

Hrm. Just gotta see who comes up next after Deviant's, this or Hunter's.
    Ah, I missed the KS in my excitement! I’d put my money on Deviant, Hunter, Mummy, but we shall see. Lots in the pipe for CofD right now!

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    ...specifically the KS art.

Hrm. Just gotta see who comes up next after Deviant's, this or Hunter's.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Art notes have been assembled!

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
    Without obviously going into redacted territory. Can any of the freelancers talk about what drew them to write for the 2nd edition?
    Mummies have always fascinated me. When I was a kid, the Mummy was my Universal monster of choice. I adored the Fruity Yummy Mummy cereal mascot, to the point that I dressed up as him for Halloween the year the cereal was released. To this day, there’s an ancient My Pet Monster wearing the shirt from that costume. I also bitch about them not bringing back Fruity Yummy Mummy every year. When I would go to the museum, the Egyptian exhibits were the only thing that contended with the dinosaurs in my priorities. To be perfectly honest, it’s surprising that I didn’t end up becoming Kemetic with as much as I’d loved Egypt.
    Years later, I would discover the glory of White Wolf role playing games. The first supplement I snagged for Vampire: The Masquerade was Mummy. The first antagonist I created for the game was a mummy (with the clever name of “Cleo”, which took my friend’s character all of half a second to declare was short for “Cleopatra”). I was ecstatic when the next edition of Mummy came out, and grabbed it as soon as I could get my grubby little paws on it. I would be even more delighted when Mummy: The Resurrection was released. Could my beloved mummies finally be getting their own game? Sure, it was a “mini game line”, but they got one! But that would be nothing compared to my excitement when I learned of Mummy: The Curse, and I backed its Kickstarter in a heartbeat. By this point, the “New World of Darkness” had already long won me over, so to see mummies getting their own game line was incredible. I loved it, and if I started dropping mummies into most of my nWoD games at this point, I could be forgiven. To be fair, I’d been worse about dropping changelings into them. I loved MtC, despite aspects I considered flaws. Nothing’s perfect, after all, and in general, it was all I could have hoped for. When I learned a second edition was planned, the possibilities seemed endless. I made a pitch for a new antagonist to Dixie and Matthew (no, it’s not in there), and mentioned my interest in it. When the email came offering me a spot on the team, it was like my dream had come true. This project checks off several boxes on my freelancing bucket list, and I seriously can’t wait to see what everyone thinks of the new edition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X