X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic It's coming!

It's coming!

You knew this was going to happen? Right? Right?

• atamajakki
    replied
    Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

7th. 7th item or magic. Seba are a thing, providing a loose astronomy/name type magic. Any further types would be coming after that.
    Seba might be the coolest thing in the entire gameline.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Originally posted by nothri View Post
    So if the new Guild is a catch all for "fake" immortals, they logically wouldn't have their own version of a relic they specialized in. But who cares! Are there any forms of Egyptian magic or relics you can think of that are "missing" from the first edition that might pop up as a sixth item for mummies to seek in second edition you can think of? Let's speculate!
    7th. 7th item or magic. Seba are a thing, providing a loose astronomy/name type magic. Any further types would be coming after that.
    Last edited by FallenEco; 05-24-2019, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nothri
    replied
    So if the new Guild is a catch all for "fake" immortals, they logically wouldn't have their own version of a relic they specialized in. But who cares! Are there any forms of Egyptian magic or relics you can think of that are "missing" from the first edition that might pop up as a sixth item for mummies to seek in second edition you can think of? Let's speculate!

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    So they are likely a new major Guild, cool.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by marin View Post

Alternatively, they're the Maa-Kep's associated minor Guild, as the Maar-Kherit are the Su-Menent's, and that's why they show up in their stereotypes.
    That is admittedly a possibility, I guess we will all have to see when another guild preview happens to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied

I would say the idea that Wadjet-Itja is a minor Guild is unlikely for the simple fact that they are being mentioned alongside the established "main" guilds while the one minor guild we know about is unremarked upon. That implies to me that whatever the WI is is considered more important or at least distinguishable enough from other groups to be spoken of alongside them all.

Also, my reading of minor guilds is that they were specialized groups overseen by the larger, broader Guild. Their area of expertise is finer than the main guilds but ultimately they are overseen by the larger guild who in turn reported to the six Shan'iatu of that Guild. I dunno if all members of a given minor guild are another form of immortal altogether or not. I suspect not, since it would make sense to me that the minor guilds would fall under the auspices of the major ones when it came time to pick for the Rite of Return. E.G.- nobody much cared if you were "just" a part of the major guild or specialized in a minor guild within the hierarchy of that major one. If you were a good servant, you made the cut.
    I apologize, I thought my mention of them undergoing the Rite solidified the notion that I was considering them to be a Fully established post Irem Guild that operated along with their peers. ^^;

I do not think they are a Minor Guild, no. I used the term Sister Guild to convey commonality with the Maa-Kep, sorry to be confusing!

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    I would say the idea that Wadjet-Itja is a minor Guild is unlikely for the simple fact that they are being mentioned alongside the established "main" guilds while the one minor guild we know about is unremarked upon. That implies to me that whatever the WI is is considered more important or at least distinguishable enough from other groups to be spoken of alongside them all.
    Alternatively, they're the Maa-Kep's associated minor Guild, as the Maar-Kherit are the Su-Menent's, and that's why they show up in their stereotypes.

Leave a comment:

• nothri
    replied
    Originally posted by Korogra View Post

Much like how the Maar-Kherit was a sister Guild to the Su-Menent, the Wadjet-Itja could serve as a counter or even a mirror to the engravers- except where as the Physics fell and were swept aside, this Guild remained complicit and so underwent the Rite as normal.

Perhaps this guild specialized in intelligence gathering and infiltration; but rather than maintaining order and acting as watchdogs within the Nameless Empire the Wadjet-Itja focused on perpetuating and expanding the Empire’s influence and borders to other lands?

A guild that trained people in magic and mundane skills to intergate, study, and undermine rival cultures in preparation for the hammer blow of Irem’s armies: a guild that produced saboteurs and assassins to act as the vanguard wave of Iremite invasions?

And now after it’s fall, they continue on much as before, only now they are doing so according to a more personal agenda; subverting resources, mortals, and even magical power to forever expand their own influence within the world, sometimes alongside the Maa-Kep in order to perpetuate Iremite’s values farther afield, most times in direct opposition in a sort of Spy Vs Spy kind of rivalry.

Also, my reading of minor guilds is that they were specialized groups overseen by the larger, broader Guild. Their area of expertise is finer than the main guilds but ultimately they are overseen by the larger guild who in turn reported to the six Shan'iatu of that Guild. I dunno if all members of a given minor guild are another form of immortal altogether or not. I suspect not, since it would make sense to me that the minor guilds would fall under the auspices of the major ones when it came time to pick for the Rite of Return. E.G.- nobody much cared if you were "just" a part of the major guild or specialized in a minor guild within the hierarchy of that major one. If you were a good servant, you made the cut.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    Wadjet-Itja is a new Guild, perhaps a minor Guild or a new major one as it was listed with the other major guilds.

Wadjet-Itja means Green One Thief. Wadjet was a Goddess of Lower Egypt, Synchronized with Bast at times, who was originally the Protector of Lower Egypt.

Could these be beings who found a way to steal Immortality from other Mummies, or an Iremite Thieves Guild? Could it be a reference to Body Thieves from Immortals?

That would explain the hatred they recieve from the Iremite secret police because Body Thieves could spy on the cults and mess with the intelligence gathering with ease. They are immortal rivals (or perfect servants) for the Maa-Kep.

Yeah the more I think on it, the more convinced I become that the minor Guilds are various kinds of Immortals, with the Wadjet-Itja being Body Thieves.

Minor Guilds (Immortals) seem to be rivals and servants to the Mummies, a mix of allies and antagonists for Mummies the way Hobgoblins and Hedge Ghosts are for Changelings.
    Much like how the Maar-Kherit was a sister Guild to the Su-Menent, the Wadjet-Itja could serve as a counter or even a mirror to the engravers- except where as the Physics fell and were swept aside, this Guild remained complicit and so underwent the Rite as normal.

Perhaps this guild specialized in intelligence gathering and infiltration; but rather than maintaining order and acting as watchdogs within the Nameless Empire the Wadjet-Itja focused on perpetuating and expanding the Empire’s influence and borders to other lands?

A guild that trained people in magic and mundane skills to intergate, study, and undermine rival cultures in preparation for the hammer blow of Irem’s armies: a guild that produced saboteurs and assassins to act as the vanguard wave of Iremite invasions?

And now after it’s fall, they continue on much as before, only now they are doing so according to a more personal agenda; subverting resources, mortals, and even magical power to forever expand their own influence within the world, sometimes alongside the Maa-Kep in order to perpetuate Iremite’s values farther afield, most times in direct opposition in a sort of Spy Vs Spy kind of rivalry.
    Last edited by Korogra; 05-15-2019, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Originally posted by marin View Post

Might be better put as "Iremite guilds who were not included in the Rite of Return, but still attained some form of immortality" (the Maar-Kherit, for example, were eliminated for not going along with the Rite).
    Thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    It's already been said they are not called minor guilds if non iremite immortals. Minor guilds are iremite guilds who were deemed too unimportant to become mummies (I think)
    Might be better put as "Iremite guilds who were not included in the Rite of Return, but still attained some form of immortality" (the Maar-Kherit, for example, were eliminated for not going along with the Rite).

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    It's already been said they are not called minor guilds if non iremite immortals. Minor guilds are iremite guilds who were deemed too unimportant to become mummies (I think)

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Is that confirmation that the Minor Guilds are just the Mummy given names for none Iremite Immortals?
    No. It’s giving credit where credit is due for the compliment given about the preview.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

All credit goes to Meghan for her fantastic writing.
    Is that confirmation that the Minor Guilds are just the Mummy given names for none Iremite Immortals?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X