X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic It's coming!

It's coming!

You knew this was going to happen? Right? Right?

• LordHeru
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Some notes from today's Pathcast:
    • The Wadjet-Itja is one of the Minor Guilds, a (mostly) new addition in Second Edition rounding out Iremite society beyond the five guilds. Depending on interest, the minor guilds could potential get their own follow up book if the Mummy Kickstarter is very successful
    • The Deceived are absolutely still around (and their book is still useful) but there is a lot more room to be explored around other guilds.
    • Body Thieves, Blood Bathers, Eternals, and Reborn are the featured immortals from Immortals in Second Edition, in keeping with the immortality themes.
    • Eternals are kinda like D&D liches/Dorian Grey, with an object anchoring them and keeping them alive. But to a mummy, an object containing their lifeforce is a Relic filled with Sekhem that belongs to the Judges. So they can work together, but there will always be an undercurrent of possible betrayal.
    Thanks for the write up, very cool. Also interesting stuff here.

On immortals, so not the Purified? I had hopes they would be in it. Their nature is fun.

That said the Reborn are fascinating. What an interesting capability to return time and again. I bet due their physically normal nature they can learn mortal magics.
    Last edited by LordHeru; 10-18-2019, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by nothri View Post
    Sugarcube?....????
    The comment reminded me of this, even though admittedly it's clearly a Promethean reference:

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Some notes from today's Pathcast:
    • The Wadjet-Itja is one of the Minor Guilds, a (mostly) new addition in Second Edition rounding out Iremite society beyond the five guilds. Depending on interest, the minor guilds could potential get their own follow up book if the Mummy Kickstarter is very successful
    • The Deceived are absolutely still around (and their book is still useful) but there is a lot more room to be explored around other guilds.
    • Body Thieves, Blood Bathers, Eternals, and Reborn are the featured immortals from Immortals in Second Edition, in keeping with the immortality themes.
    • Eternals are kinda like D&D liches/Dorian Grey, with an object anchoring them and keeping them alive. But to a mummy, an object containing their lifeforce is a Relic filled with Sekhem that belongs to the Judges. So they can work together, but there will always be an undercurrent of possible betrayal.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    So the new Onyx Path KS account finished the Scarred Lands Creature Collection KS a few days ago. I'd love to hear estimates/thoughts on when the MtC2e KS will start up. My hope/best guess would be an Oct 30/31 start to the KS.

Leave a comment:

• nothri
    replied
    Sugarcube?....????

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Most of the changes are pretty minor, so I doubt we'll have a What Has Changed section. We'll leave that for the manuscript to inform people.
    I am incredibly ready and excited to see the MtC 2e manuscript on KS !

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied

Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Can't wait for you all to see what we've been working on, folks.

I truly do believe this is one of the strongest 2E cores and I'm eager to see what you all think of it.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    I have to admit that seeing Mummy the Curse (KS) in the art section of the weekly update was very interesting. Onyx Path might not give us due dates but they do get points ( a lot of them) for their weekly updates on what is going on. So thumbs up to that.

---

Soooo as a random question, in the Mummy 2e Kickstarter is there going to be a 'What has Changed" section. I think it might be nice to be able to quickly uncover what is different between the two editions.

Most of the changes are pretty minor, so I doubt we'll have a What Has Changed section. We'll leave that for the manuscript to inform people.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
    ...the stars are almost right....
    Sugarcube won't be alone anymore?

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    I have to admit that seeing Mummy the Curse (KS) in the art section of the weekly update was very interesting. Onyx Path might not give us due dates but they do get points ( a lot of them) for their weekly updates on what is going on. So thumbs up to that.

---

Soooo as a random question, in the Mummy 2e Kickstarter is there going to be a 'What has Changed" section. I think it might be nice to be able to quickly uncover what is different between the two editions.

Leave a comment:

• TyrannicalRabbit
    replied
    ...the stars are almost right....

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Word of Dawkins (via Discord, not back channels) is that we are looking at a late October Kickstarter. Fingers crossed!
    I fervently wish for and await this!

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Plus this week's Monday Meeting has Mummy as the next KS (and has had the preparation going on for quite a while).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X