Storm Lords vs Deceived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Lords vs Deceived

I think that they would mistake them for claimed be very old and powerful spirts. cause there condition is what a werewolf would be textbook claimed behavior . I just imagine a storm lord pack declaring a scared hunt on the Deceived .

I don't think they'd be confused for claimed, as there's some abilities that would make it clear they're their own thing. But they would definitely lump them in with them, like Sin-Eaters, as inhuman things influenced and controlled by alien powers.

Comment

You do know that werewolves don’t have book of spirt and book of the Deceived what to stop them then thinking that there ‘just’ claimed by really powerful spirts,a werewolf is not going to know about the suddle differences between them I can’t imagine that the will be secretly talking notes also, I don’t think werewolves care all that much about semantics
      Last edited by Konradleijon; 02-27-2018, 01:32 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
        You do know that werewolves don’t have book of spirt and book of the Deceived what to stop them then thinking that there ‘just’ claimed by really powerful spirts,a werewolf is not going to know about the sudden differences betwreen them I can’t imagine that the will be secretly talking notes , and I don’t think werewolves care all that much about semantics
        They don't have the books, but they do have powers that explicitly detect things using Fetter, Claim, and so forth, and Deceived aren't called out as using them.

But they would lump them in with them. Sin-Eaters, for instance, are not made using Claim, they're made using Bargain, but would likely be considered close enough to warrant destruction (unless they were convinced otherwise). It's also entirely possible they might get along with the Deceived and let them into their pack or even join their cult. It brings up Werewolf and Mummy interactions in the Pack, though it doesn't get into the Deceived.

Comment

but would likely be considered close enough to warrant destruction (unless they were convinced otherwise). But why not decided they seem close enough to Warnet desctruction especcly if there fucking about on the packs terrority
          . But I maybe can see some wolves joining a cult of the keeper . Maybe they had there. First change in the cult,

Comment

Besides I think some powerful spirts can hide themselves from powers like that . I think the pack would just assume that they just have a special power that lets them to go undetected

Comment

but would likely be considered close enough to warrant destruction (unless they were convinced otherwise). But why not decided they seem close enough to Warnet desctruction especcly if there fucking about on the packs terrority
              Absolutely, it wouldn't even matter if they were Claimed if they were really messing things up or causing trouble, they'd just be a target for the sacred hunt.

There's an interesting pack with a variety of plot hooks revolving around a (non-the Curse) mummy and one option that might lean more towards it.

Guayota has become a disembodied spirit, roving far and wide on strange and bizarre affairs. Now, however, it has returned its attention to the real world, and wishes to return to existence. It is manipulating the Tibicenas into performing something akin to the Rite of Return used by the Shaniatu of Irem, having pried that lore loose from the world on its travels. It plans to establish itself as a ghost-king, with the Tibicenas as cursed wolf-mummies grovelling before its throne.

Comment

I wonder what will happen I’m imfnaing a scenario where a mummy fighting a Amkhata or something and a cultist there suddenly has there first change and tear it to shreds

Comment

Personally, i think that without more profound knowledge, most of the other splats (vamps, etc) would feel rather like Claimed for the Storm Lords. Not necessarily a majority of the tribe but on a person by person basis, i'd say more than a few. If that make any sense.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
                  Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
                  Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

I think there a storm lord stertype where a leach claimed is mistaken for a vampire .can you think what storm lords would think of the strix the will be absolutely furious what if strip posses some vamps and make them fight werewolves so the werewolves and campers fight that a pretty stryixy thing right?
                    Last edited by Konradleijon; 02-27-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                      Personally, i think that without more profound knowledge, most of the other splats (vamps, etc) would feel rather like Claimed for the Storm Lords. Not necessarily a majority of the tribe but on a person by person basis, i'd say more than a few. If that make any sense.
                      Yeah, and apparently a lot of the stuff can fall to regional locales, there's some folklore that says vampires are dead werewolves, for instance, and it would be easy to think of any game as a Claimed or special kind of Host.

But mechanically you wouldn't be able to use an ability that targets only spirits or only Claimed on a vampire, which would clue them in but not be the end-all of things, as they could just be a special variant that, for whatever reason, is immune to those types of abilities.

It helps that werewolves aren't locked into their sacred prey, and they're capable of hunting whatever needs to be hunted, rather than only hunting one kind of monster.

Comment

That’s just what I said

Comment

According to some theories about the strix vampires could be a type of claimed

Comment

Whould strix posessed vampire be considered claimed ?

Comment

Whould strix posessed vampire be considered claimed ?
                              They use a different ability, and they're not spirits, so mechanically no. But they'd probably be lumped in with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X