Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1001 Mummy Story Hooks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    129) A local Mesen-Nebu calls a meeting of all those currently awake in the nome. His cult has recently found a Relic of significant power, a sword of impeccable craftsmanship brimming with Sekhem. There's just one problem; it's from China, not Irem.


    Call me Regina or Lex.

    Female pronouns for me, please.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      129) A local Mesen-Nebu calls a meeting of all those currently awake in the nome. His cult has recently found a Relic of significant power, a sword of impeccable craftsmanship brimming with Sekhem. There's just one problem; it's from China, not Irem.
      That's a problem? Mortals make relics all the time. The core book lists multiple relics from non-Iremite sources, like one made in 1984 in Texas, another that appears to have been worked on by Aboriginal Australians, and even a five dot relic presumed to date to 1700s Austria. One of these examples (the Liad Sutra) is Chinese in origin, another (the Firewalker's Trumpet) is Nepalese or Tibetan.
      Last edited by Azahul; 01-09-2015, 06:49 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Azahul View Post
        That's a problem? Mortals make relics all the time. The core book lists multiple relics from non-Iremite sources, like one made in 1984 in Texas, another that appears to have been worked on by Aboriginal Australians, and even a five dot relic presumed to date to 1700s Austria. One of these examples (the Liad Sutra) is Chinese in origin, another (the Firewalker's Trumpet) is Nepalese or Tibetan.
        Huh. I distinctly remembered "Relics are from Irem, but mortals can make Vestiges." Whoops!

        That said, I'd love to do a chronicle all about subverting the 'Iremite Exceptionalism' that the Arisen operate on, challenging notions of the Nameless Empire being the only civilization of that power in history.


        Call me Regina or Lex.

        Female pronouns for me, please.

        Comment


        • #19
          Well, what really made Irem special seems to be more a thing of scale than skill. It's not that the Chinese couldn't have produced a five dot relic, it's more that they couldn't be churning them out assembly line-style. For most mortals, a relic was the product of a life time, a unique occurrence that they would never again be able to replicate. Many such mortals use some knowledge passed down since Irem to help, but it doesn't seem to be necessary (Nolan's Lamborghini being a prime example of a seemingly spontaneously generated relic). For a mortal in Irem, under the tutelage of the Shan'iatu, a relic was something they could craft reliably and often something they could repeat on demand, or even by following another's recipe. Irem practically had magic down to a science.

          So one sword isn't a big deal. A cache of ten thousand relic weapons, however...

          Comment


          • #20
            139) The meret encounters an Arisen who claims to be Crocodile-Headed. It's easy to chalk this up to Memory or madness, but there /is/ something strange as hell about him, and he doesn't seem to be lying...

            (Maybe he'e a false Arisen from a later attempt at the Rite? Maybe he declared the Akh, the eternal unity of Ba and Ka? Maybe he's a ballsy Shuankhsen?)


            Call me Regina or Lex.

            Female pronouns for me, please.

            Comment


            • #21
              140) In your regular work recovering relics, you bumped into one of those...corpses who call themselves Kindred. This wouldn't normally be of note, but he recognized you. Not just from one of your previous awakenings. He used a name you hadn't heard in a long time. Not since Irem.


              Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

              Comment


              • #22
                ARRRIIIIIISSSSE!

                141) You (or a Meret member's) Kepher senses lead you on the trail of a powerful Effigy. Except, when you finally track it down, it seems to have come alive on its own. Your attempt to reclaim the property of the Judges then is rebuffed by a scintillating being of smokeless fire declaring your holy task to be "Not The Will Of The Principle" or whatever that means.


                Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                Comment


                • #23
                  142) you have been risen recently and your cult has been victim of several attacks .the surviors are left mad .in there ramblings they described creatures that looked like giant wolves and beings that looked like translucent fish made from fire .

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    143) Sothis Ascends... to find you awakening in your buried tomb. Your cultists did not raise you, as you instructed, and even your Ghost attendants fail to answer your summons. All you can see is a message blasphemously carved into your tomb's wall: "The Dead Belong Below."
                    Last edited by Vent0; 10-04-2018, 03:37 PM.


                    Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                      143) Sothis Ascends... to find you awakening in your buried tomb. You cultists did not raise you, as you instructed, and even your Ghost attendants fail to answer your summons. All you can see is a message blasphemously carved into your tomb's wall: "The Dead Belong Below."
                      Werewolf? Eaters of the dead?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

                        Werewolf? Eaters of the dead?

                        Worse. Reapers.


                        Comment


                        • #27
                          144. Your cult awakens you in a panic. They have heard of a trio of gems that can only be Relics, but they are loathe to try and claim them without your aid. Only a true immortal is worthy of claiming the Silmarils of Fëanor.


                          Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

                          CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                            144. Your cult awakens you in a panic. They have heard of a trio of gems that can only be Relics, but they are loathe to try and claim them without your aid. Only a true immortal is worthy of claiming the Silmarils of Fëanor.
                            Could easily replace with Eight Emeralds as well.


                            Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                              144. Your cult awakens you in a panic. They have heard of a trio of gems that can only be Relics, but they are loathe to try and claim them without your aid. Only a true immortal is worthy of claiming the Silmarils of Fëanor.
                              Are they real or is the cult just dangerously insane or stupid?


                              A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

                                Are they real or is the cult just dangerously insane or stupid?
                                Take your pick, but if I dropped that hook in a game, they'd totally be real.


                                Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

                                CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X