Making Sure a Mummy never existed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Sure a Mummy never existed

I need help to banish/destroy/erase a mummy from existence. We have means of time-traveling, so we can go to almost any point in time and prevent something, kill somebody or similar. Any help is more than welcome. What to do, and how to do it?

How far back is "almost any point in time?" Because to get a safe* gank, you're going to have to go earlier than recorded history.

*Still not that safe

Comment

Also, the Rite of Return did funky stuff to time, so that period may not be accessible.

Mummy also has strong themes of Fate. So, even if they did eliminate the future Mummy during the days of Irem, Fate might "nominate" someone else to fulfill their role in future events. So, you are right back where you started, except they have a different face and you murdered someone for actions they never committed.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

My strongest advice is don't. There's way too much contending against it, between the various claims that god-like entities have over every mummy(both their Decreed Judge and Ammut at a minimum, the literal manifestation of Will among others at most)*. Making a mummy never exist is kind of archmage/demon territory. It's easier to try and render a mummy of any stripe** incapable of acting for such a period of time that it's inconsequential when they are, vis-a-vis destroying their canopic jars, scattering their cults, and completely scattering their ashes as far as hella possible. And probably trying to unwrite their traces on history.

IF YOU MUST TRY, it depends on the means of time travel you have and the other resources you have at your disposal, so please elaborate what you've got and we'll come up with the best viable options.

*Nevermind the amount of metaphysical fuckery that is the breaking of time around the Rite of Return. Admtitedly, not as bad as OTHER events I can think of, but still.
        **Pray you're not trying to render a Shuankhsen inactive, because that's a losing fight.
        Last edited by ArcaneArts; 04-19-2018, 12:03 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

milanwow123 The closest I can think of is to travel shortly before the First Sothic Turn and destroy the Mummy's body and Canopic Jars before they Arise for the first time. Having never awoken, made allies nor started a Cult, the Mummy is as good as gone. If you're using the Eye of Radiance Utterance, this still can be done - you must just assume your PC's wake before the NPC does. It would put your players on a time limit, which is exciting. You could also pit them against mysteries of the First Turn like Beasts of Set, Imhotep, origin of the pyramids and so forth.

~

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            My strongest advice is don't. There's way too much contending against it, between the various claims that god-like entities have over every mummy(both their Decreed Judge and Ammut at a minimum, the literal manifestation of Will among others at most)*. Making a mummy never exist is kind of archmage/demon territory. It's easier to try and render a mummy of any stripe** incapable of acting for such a period of time that it's inconsequential when they are, vis-a-vis destroying their canopic jars, scattering their cults, and completely scattering their ashes as far as hella possible. And probably trying to unwrite their traces on history.

IF YOU MUST TRY, it depends on the means of time travel you have and the other resources you have at your disposal, so please elaborate what you've got and we'll come up with the best viable options.

*Nevermind the amount of metaphysical fuckery that is the breaking of time around the Rite of Return. Admtitedly, not as bad as OTHER events I can think of, but still.
            **Pray you're not trying to render a Shuankhsen inactive, because that's a losing fight.

We are using a time ship, kinda like The Waverider, only in our case, it's more of a Skeleton Key than just a vessel that travels thru time. The furthest we were able to go back was the period when the Earth was terraformed (haven't made any attempts so far to travel further). We have Archmages on our side who are more than willing to shutdown the Mummy and his archmage lapdog, but we lack the proper approach to the whole problem. You can't just slash through (even thou that would be the funniest way) a Mummy. Two of party members (PCs) are wielding God Slayer swords, if that helps.

So, our means of fighting are:
            - Time Travel ship on steroids
            - God-Slayer weapons
            - Archmage
            - Future-tech
            - Balls of steel

Artifacts, spells, or even powerful allies that can help us banish this Mummy; we can find them.

Comment

God Slayers...?

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                God Slayers...?

That how we named them. Basically, fancy material and a lot of mumbo-jumbo enchants made for slaying god-like creatures.

Comment

Might as well go high-powered all the way and take the fight to the Shan’iatu themselves. (Hey, you did say God-Slayers...) Or at least, bargain with them so that they don’t make this particular mummy-to-be a mummy.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by milanwow123 View Post

That how we named them. Basically, fancy material and a lot of mumbo-jumbo enchants made for slaying god-like creatures.
                    Your best bet is to try and assassinate the Shan'iatu before they perform the Rite of Return. Otherwise they will just choose someone else in the Mummy's place, and you are likely in the same boat.

Go on. What could go wrong? ;-)

EDIT: 11:18, Ninja'd.

(If I was ST'ing, and you end up successful, I'd have Ammut use some other dupe to make the situation even worse so you have to go after her too.)
                    Last edited by Vent0; 04-19-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

One more question before I propose my battle strategy:

Why are you trying to nonexistence this particular mummy?

EDIT: For the record, while yes that may open up alternative options, I mainly ask because intent matters in reality fights. It will directly affect strategy.
                      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 04-20-2018, 02:02 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        One more question before I propose my battle strategy:

Why are you trying to nonexistence this particular mummy?

EDIT: For the record, while yes that may open up alternative options, I mainly ask because intent matters in reality fights. It will directly affect strategy.

This particular mummy is trying to change the course of history, so that him and his cult members enslave the rest of the population. World domination is one thing; but changing history is worth punishing (or trying at least).

Comment

Sounds like you could team up with the Judges on this one. I thought they ordered the Arisen to never rule openly again

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

This particular mummy is trying to change the course of history, so that him and his cult members enslave the rest of the population.
                            So, wreck their ability to Time Travel.

World domination is one thing; but changing history is worth punishing (or trying at least).
                            ...Which you are trying to do by changing history? Do the players at least appreciate the hypocrisy of this position?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                              Sounds like you could team up with the Judges on this one. I thought they ordered the Arisen to never rule openly again
                              That's the Shadow Rule of the Diasporic Code, and not technically an official divine sanction.

Still, allies abound.

Comment

Working...
                              X