• Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, get a simple answer- Mummy edition

I looked and didn’t see one for Mummy.

First question then!

Does Mummy have simple questions?

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
    Work Blog Coming Soon
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Why isn’t there any mentions of child’s card games does where Started in anicent Egypt

Comment

I mean, I'm sure there are some simple questions.

Like, "How often can Arisen be summoned between Descents?"* is the sort of question that I could see being asked frequently that has a simple answer.

*The answer is, "Immediately if you have a personal Relic that's recharged since your last Descent began or don't mind destroying spare Relics."

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
        Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
        He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Are the deceived as protagonist like the technocracy? Or are they meant to be played with other mummies.

Reason I'm asking is because I plan on playing as one for 2nd edition (amd yes, i know it's a long way away)

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
            Are the deceived as protagonist like the technocracy? Or are they meant to be played with other mummies.

Reason I'm asking is because I plan on playing as one for 2nd edition (amd yes, i know it's a long way away)
            I think they’re more like VII from Requiem, at least from the five Arisen Guilds’ viewpoint.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

So mysterious, with no true knowledge on them. Anyway, how would they play as protagonists

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                So mysterious, with no true knowledge on them. Anyway, how would they play as protagonists
                Didn’t Book of the Deceived have details on them? I don’t remember the details at the moment, though.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Yeah, i heard about the book doing that, but I'm waiting for 2nd edition anyway

Comment

The book gives you rules and more than enough material to play them as PCs. It's really, really early to be asking for second edition spoilers.

Comment

Oh, I'm not asking for spoilers, I'm just wondering how you would play them as protagonist, are they meant as anti-viilains?

Comment

The Deceived are pretty justified in their anger, although the Temakhs are still inhuman god-monster-spirit things with little care for humanity. It's not hard to grok their mindset and even see them as anti-heroes of a sort, if that's the angle you want to go for. And in spite of everything, both the Arisen and the Deceived can agree on certain things. Some Deceived have a vested interest in starving Duat, and helping rebellious Arisen with the path to Apotheosis is one method that could see them working together. And even loyal Arisen and the more embittered Deceived agree that the Devourer's plans need to be held in check, so they could conceivably form alliances against the Shuankhsen.

Comment

I'd argue that the Deceived are the most heroic of the assorted mummy variants (though not quite "actually heroic.") Actually being Deceived is pretty awful, even compared to the standard model "Curse", but you are at least outside of machinations of Shan'iatu and Ammut. (and still better a Deceived than a Shuankshen)

Comment

What would you consider worse than being a Shuankshen?

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                              What would you consider worse than being a Shuankshen?
                              Fasad, full stop.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                              X