No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer- Mummy edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typically it takes several months for the artifact used to power the Rite of Return to become functional again, give or take a few weeks. Your average descent takes longer than a vessel does to recharge- barring a simple mission or a Mummy that really really pisses of the judges a lot. Other than that the only limit is how many magical artifacts are available or cultists willing to sacrifice themselves in a soul merger. Of course there is the ever present danger that something goes wrong and the Mummy becomes shusnkhsen but that’s not exactly the same thing.

Comment

• Becoming a Shuankhsen is not exactly an ever present danger either, since it only really occurs in the case of making a Twice-Arisen.

Comment

• I am just curious on the reason why the game rules limit the under of Affinities a mummy can have to their rank in the particular Pillar.

Comment

• If I had to guess what the design idea was, it was perhaps done both as a limiting factour(ie in world flavour being something like each awakening some of your affinities are to match what purpose awaits you) and to try to die in powers and abilities to the state of your soul parts.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” noun: empathy the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Comment

• Actual mechanics question. I don't understand the Pillar Points/Turn chart if the number after the slash relating to Turns is always 1. (The number before the slash means the maximum Pillar rank a mummy can have at that Sekhem rating, right?)

If it never rises above one point per turn then why have the chart at all? This chart is both in 1e and 2e in the Sekhem rules btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
              Actual mechanics question. I don't understand the Pillar Points/Turn chart if the number after the slash relating to Turns is always 1. (The number before the slash means the maximum Pillar rank a mummy can have at that Sekhem rating, right?)

If it never rises above one point per turn then why have the chart at all? This chart is both in 1e and 2e in the Sekhem rules btw.
              It's a valid point and we'll probably be removing it.

Matthew Dawkins
              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• Is it possible to declare a supernatural being an Inheritor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                  Is it possible to declare a supernatural being an Inheritor?
                  It is indeed.

Matthew Dawkins
                  In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• Okay, reading over the appendix and seeing what kind of nastiness the fiends of Duat can unleash:

How do they get into the world? I can see extreme Sybaris opens a doorway, assuming they can possess the Desecrated from Duat, but do sorcerers call them, do they just show up around mummies and emanations of the Judges?

Comment

Okay, reading over the appendix and seeing what kind of nastiness the fiends of Duat can unleash:

How do they get into the world? I can see extreme Sybaris opens a doorway, assuming they can possess the Desecrated from Duat, but do sorcerers call them, do they just show up around mummies and emanations of the Judges?
                      I can’t wait for everyone to learn the answer to that question. Finding ways to get them out where they could cause trouble in the world was something I gave a lot of thought to when I wrote them.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                      Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                      Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Okay, reading over the appendix and seeing what kind of nastiness the fiends of Duat can unleash:

Good questions!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Fingers crossed the reason has to do with the devourer and those mysteriuous Maws of hers alluded to in the Book of the Deceived.

Comment

• So I was wondering if the Judge that a player picks for his mummy character have any mechanical oomph?

Comment

• In the Cult section, it says that it costs 6 Experiences to improve a Cult Attribute. But it says that each dot of the Cult Merit adds one to a Cult Attribute. Doesn't that mean, practically speaking, that it only costs 1 Experience to increase a Cult Attribute? Or is the 6 value only if you're spending Cult Beasts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Azahul View Post
                                In the Cult section, it says that it costs 6 Experiences to improve a Cult Attribute. But it says that each dot of the Cult Merit adds one to a Cult Attribute. Doesn't that mean, practically speaking, that it only costs 1 Experience to increase a Cult Attribute? Or is the 6 value only if you're spending Cult Beasts?
                                That would be Cult Experiences.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                                Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                                Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Working...
                                X