Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

That would be Cult Experiences.
    Ok, so to increase Cult Attributes you can basically either spend one regular Experience (on the Merit) or six Cult Experiences directly?

Comment

• Makes sense since Cult Experiences are inherently less valuable than regular ones due to their limits.

Revlid wrote:
      Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azahul View Post
        Ok, so to increase Cult Attributes you can basically either spend one regular Experience (on the Merit) or six Cult Experiences directly?
        Per the Cult Merit, you need to spend Cult Experiences to raise an Attribute higher than 5, but yes.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Aiden View Post
          Makes sense since Cult Experiences are inherently less valuable than regular ones due to their limits.
          It's also an entirely separate experience pool that builds.

Comment

• Does the line "Vestiges provide a number of Pillar points equal to their rating" on page 71 of Preview # 3 refer to draining them from their Pillars? I'm assuming so, but it's not really clear what that line refers to.

Edit: Never mind, it gets spelled out later in the section. Not 100% sure if that line feels redundant in retrospect, it definitely confused me reading the rules in order.
            Last edited by Azahul; 11-20-2019, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azahul View Post
              Does the line "Vestiges provide a number of Pillar points equal to their rating" on page 71 of Preview # 3 refer to draining them from their Pillars? I'm assuming so, but it's not really clear what that line refers to.

Edit: Never mind, it gets spelled out later in the section. Not 100% sure if that line feels redundant in retrospect, it definitely confused me reading the rules in order.

I went through the same confusion. Simply adding "when harvested/destroyed/whatever they provide" in there should fix it, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                What does uter mean?

Like, literal translation. I know what the relics are.
                Much belated, but I think it's a thing in the same vein as the Su-Menent being priests of "the Shell" — "vessel" is obviously already taken as a term relating to relics (as is "relic," for that matter), but "thing made of Dead Stuff that holds supernatural power" is a bit more particular than we've got other common words available for.

Resident Lore-Hound
                Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Are supernatural splats effected by sybaris?

Comment

• Originally posted by Heroofthemists View Post
                    Are supernatural splats effected by sybaris?
                    Yes

Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• What happens if a mummy is called into a new body in the future that has extensive cybernetic implants?

Comment

• Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
                        What happens if a mummy is called into a new body in the future that has extensive cybernetic implants?
                        Personally, I’d let them have a body with cybernetic implants, up until they were damaged. Once it was broken, the sahu would heal it back to a “normal” limb. Really, it’s whatever you’d need for your table, though.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                        Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                        Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• 1) In 1st edition, frequent evocations by cults cause side effects to an Arisen's memory. In the second edition is the same?

2) Also, in the 1st edition, a fresh awakened Arisen is a walking mummy until she don't lose some sekhem. How it works in the second edition?
                          Last edited by Ipergigio; 04-30-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Dumb question but I can't find an explicit answer as I look over the 2e manuscript: Supernatural beings aren't explicitly exempted from Sybaris as far as I can find, but I recall in 1e they were. Does that still hold true and I'm just missing a line? Or now do vampires and mages and changelings need to be concerned with the fear sickness around Arisen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
                              Dumb question but I can't find an explicit answer as I look over the 2e manuscript: Supernatural beings aren't explicitly exempted from Sybaris as far as I can find, but I recall in 1e they were. Does that still hold true and I'm just missing a line? Or now do vampires and mages and changelings need to be concerned with the fear sickness around Arisen?
                              Subtle Utterances only impose Sybaris on supernatural beings (i.e. those with a Supernatural Resistance trait), implying that Sybaris generally affects everyone who aren't explicitly immune.
                              Similarly, Beast Companion specifically mentions the animal companion as being immune to Sybaris, implying animals also generally suffers from it.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• What happens to bound Seba when a Mummy dies with them attached, and they're not Keshina?

In 1e, I should add.

Comment

Working...
                                X