Ask a simple question, get a simple answer- Mummy edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    What happens to bound Seba when a Mummy dies with them attached, and they're not Keshina?

In 1e, I should add.
    They become manifest at the site of the death for a scene then all become unbound according to their normal schedule. (See Book of the Deceived p. 108 section Extraction)

Comment

• So I just randomly got back into Mummy the Curse, mostly through the lens of the immortals and from them the Reborn, and I had a question. The Resplendent Soul merit can be taken by an immortal with Sekhem 3. It gives them a Pillar. It says they can do all the things the Arisen can do with Pillars.

This means Physical Attribute Boost, Seal the Flesh, Vessels, and Utterances. It also technically means Favored Attribute Boost and Corpse Form but immortals don't have either so whatever (hehe).

But the thing that gets me is Utterances. They can activate an Utterance. Buuuut can they purchase an Utterance? If not how do they activate something they don't have.

I really like the idea of a supremely potent Reborn having access to some Utterances. I think that is like woah nifty.

(I plan on removing the limit of only one version of Resplendent Soul as I want to enable a Reborn player, if interested, and through the normal expenditure of experience as a cost, to be able to get all five Pillars.)

Comment

• I would treat as an Arisen who donated a pillar to them. Just pick the Utterance from the ether instead of the Arisen's collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by nothri View Post
          I would treat as an Arisen who donated a pillar to them. Just pick the Utterance from the ether instead of the Arisen's collection.
          Hey thanks for this. Your idea is totally supported by the book, hehe. (I searched invested, totally should have done that before so my bad.)

But yeah basically, immortals that have a Pillar (be it from investment or resplendent soul) get access to Tier 1 Utterances.

So I was thinking that maybe the Pillar an immortal first chooses could be described as their Defining Pillar for rules purposes. I have to think on whether the benefit is worth it.

I do think maybe there is the potential to allow for an immortal merit that would let them purchase Soul Affinities, like Sadikh can.

Comment

Working...
          X