Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about pillars and affinities

Hello,

I finally got my friend to lend me his Mummy core book, and I have a lot of doubts regarding Pillars and Affinities:

1. Page 98 states: "If an Arisen has the maximum number of Soul Affinities of a given Pillar when he loses a dot in that Pillar, he also loses access to a relevant Soul Affinity."; how does exactly a mummy loses dots in a Pillar? I have seen mechanics for losing Sekhem.

2. Related to the previous question, the table for Sekhem shows a column Pillars/Turn, does this mean that Pillar maximum is diminished with Sekhem?

For the first: Shuankhsen can steal dots from Pillars.

For the second: Yes.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
      Hello,

I finally got my friend to lend me his Mummy core book, and I have a lot of doubts regarding Pillars and Affinities:

1. Page 98 states: "If an Arisen has the maximum number of Soul Affinities of a given Pillar when he loses a dot in that Pillar, he also loses access to a relevant Soul Affinity."; how does exactly a mummy loses dots in a Pillar? I have seen mechanics for losing Sekhem.

2. Related to the previous question, the table for Sekhem shows a column Pillars/Turn, does this mean that Pillar maximum is diminished with Sekhem?

Sorry, with question two, are you asking if your Pillar rating drops as your Sekhem rating does? I'm assuming so because of the "related to the previous question", and if so the answer is no. The Pillars/Turn column refers to the number of Pillar Points you can spend in a single turn, a rating that does indeed drop with your Sekhem. Your Pillar Dots however are eternal and pass on from descent to descent... baring the aforementioned encounters with Shuankhsen.

Comment

Another question, what happens to a Guild Affinity if a Mummy switches guilds? Lost? Replaced by the new guild affinity?

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
          Another question, what happens to a Guild Affinity if a Mummy switches guilds? Lost? Replaced by the new guild affinity?
          I would rule that it is replaced by the new Guild Affinity, but I’d probably make a slight delay if it happened in the middle of a game session. Basically, I’d wait to apply the new one until they were settled into the new guild, but that’s just how I’d handle it. Do what works best for your table.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
          Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
          Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

And what about Apotheosis? The woman from Rio that achieved it has a guild Affinity, but has status 0

Comment

I would assume that was a mistake that slipped through, but I could be wrong.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
              Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
              Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Working...
              X