I just got a plot hook! Anpu and Death Wolf haveing/had pups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a plot hook! Anpu and Death Wolf haveing/had pups

Or just meeting but I like the thought of them makeing pups. Though weird empthreal Shenanigans

Is the Death Wolf something from Geist? Can't recall reading about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
      Is the Death Wolf something from Geist? Can't recall reading about it.
      No Death Wolf is a firstborn from Werewolf the forsaken

Comment

I will say that the apparent death of Father Wolf and the rise of the Gauntlet take place surprisingly close to when Anpu would have needed to be dethroned by Azar given what we know about the days of the Sothic turn and what Dark Eras has said on the subject.

Comment

What a random thing to necromance.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Attention Deficit is a harsh mistress.

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
              I will say that the apparent death of Father Wolf and the rise of the Gauntlet take place surprisingly close to when Anpu would have needed to be dethroned by Azar given what we know about the days of the Sothic turn and what Dark Eras has said on the subject.

i wonder if they Meet!

Comment

Regarding Anpu and Wolf meeting, we know based on the information in Dark Eras and Sothis Ascends that Wolf realistically dies some point before Azar and Aset are killed, Sothis is formed, and Anpu is dethroned(I'll find the timeline later), so if Wolf and Anpu met, Wolf would be convening with the Anpu as the Lord of Duat.

Now how likely that it is depends on your predilections of how to read the Gods of Curse and how much range you give them...but personally, any game I ran that was concerned with the Death of Wolf would include a meeting with the Foremost of the Westerners, if for no other reason than Anpu's likely to take the death of a god seriously and wants to make sure Wolf's House (read "huge chunk of reality") is in order.

That and I think Mummy's likely the game with the most claim to be the foundation of reality.

EDIT: Timeline discussed here.
                Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-03-2019, 06:04 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

I imagine him coming to check out the Ruckus and falling in love with the Lovely Death Wolf,

Comment

I just find it interesting that in a relatively cosmically short space of time two dog gods in charge of separating the physical from the ephermeral were in one way or another deposed and betrayed by those closest to them.

Comment

huh Maybe Father Wolf is Anpu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

Comment

Last I checked, Anpu isn't dead.

Comment

Hmm so are they Related then.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                            Hmm so are they Related then.
                            A mystery only the table can answer. The current lack of evidence doesn't really suggest it.

Comment

Well, playing devil's advocate, Anpu is from a realm of death and ghosts, so while he never died in the traditional sense he wasn't exactly born or alive in that sense either (granted you can make the same argument for Father Wolf but bear with me here). In addition, Egypt is full of instances of one god sort of merging with another to form a composite deity to represent facets of both gods. Example, Amun-Ra was, as you might guess, a composite of the hidden god Amun and the solar disk Ra. So if Anpu had extended his Bau unto the being of Father Wolf to aid in their mutual divine mandate of keeping the worlds of flesh and emphermera separate in their respective planes of existence, that's perfectly in keeping with the mythos.

Basically, I'm making an argument that there can be that connection if the Storyteller desires and they don't even need to overtly be the same being or fundamentally change either game's storyline. You can have the echoes of the wolf god being betrayed by those who ostensibly serve it echoing through the cosmos if such serves your chronicle with relative ease. Egyptian mythology is cool like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X