I just got a plot hook! Anpu and Death Wolf haveing/had pups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nothri View Post
    Well, playing devil's advocate, Anpu is from a realm of death and ghosts, so while he never died in the traditional sense he wasn't exactly born or alive in that sense either (granted you can make the same argument for Father Wolf but bear with me here). In addition, Egypt is full of instances of one god sort of merging with another to form a composite deity to represent facets of both gods. Example, Amun-Ra was, as you might guess, a composite of the hidden god Amun and the solar disk Ra. So if Anpu had extended his Bau unto the being of Father Wolf to aid in their mutual divine mandate of keeping the worlds of flesh and emphermera separate in their respective planes of existence, that's perfectly in keeping with the mythos.

Basically, I'm making an argument that there can be that connection if the Storyteller desires and they don't even need to overtly be the same being or fundamentally change either game's storyline. You can have the echoes of the wolf god being betrayed by those who ostensibly serve it echoing through the cosmos if such serves your chronicle with relative ease. Egyptian mythology is cool like that.
    Oh, I agree, and this is a great argument-and on top of that, the Necropolis of Hewara is dealing with the ghost of Death Wolf running around in Crocodile's body, so shenanigans are possible*. Hence why the first part is "A mystery only the table can answer."

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Wait, Death Wolf crocodile in the Hewara tomb? You shot who in the what now? I clearly have not been keeping up well with Werewolf. What are they doing in my favorite tomb complex of the most interesting son of the most interesting pharaoh of the Middle Kingdom (no really, Senusret III is of particular interest as one of the rare empire builders of Egypt before the 18th Dynasty, and his son Amenemhat built all sorts of crazy thing like the so-called Egyptian Labyrinth and what may officially be the only pyramid tomb that was actually built with dead ends and false corridors like every video game insists all Egyptian tombs ever were built; definitely the coolest cats in the middle kingdom and in my top ten along with Khefre and Akhenaten for best pharaoh overall!).

I disgress. Seriously, Death Wolf croc what?

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
        Wait, Death Wolf crocodile in the Hewara tomb? You shot who in the what now? I clearly have not been keeping up well with Werewolf. What are they doing in my favorite tomb complex of the most interesting son of the most interesting pharaoh of the Middle Kingdom (no really, Senusret III is of particular interest as one of the rare empire builders of Egypt before the 18th Dynasty, and his son Amenemhat built all sorts of crazy thing like the so-called Egyptian Labyrinth and what may officially be the only pyramid tomb that was actually built with dead ends and false corridors like every video game insists all Egyptian tombs ever were built; definitely the coolest cats in the middle kingdom and in my top ten along with Khefre and Akhenaten for best pharaoh overall!).

I disgress. Seriously, Death Wolf croc what?
        Dark Eras 2, Necropolis at Hawara, Death Wolf's Ghost possessing the corpse of the Pangaean Crocodile. It's a thing!
        Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-08-2019, 03:05 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

huh. I didn't know DE2 was out yet.

Comment

It's not!

Also, updated the above post to the bit we have on it.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if this version of Sobek is related to the Urban Legends entry for the sewer gators.

Comment

There’s making Sobek evil. Uhg that’s what Media always does.

He’s actually quite complex and representing that Crocdiles are Quite good mother’s and playful.

I mean Mummy the curse has Good Set/Suteh

Comment

I read a lot of things in there but I did not read Sobek is Evil in there. I read Priests of Sobek are having to deal with the misdirection and corruption of a Death-Wolf-Ghost-Possessed-Crocodile-Pangaean-Corpse, but that's not the same as Sobek is Evil.

Comment

It's not making Sobek evil. Sobek (or more precisely Crocodile) is dead, and Death Wolf's ghost is using its body as a bridge to access the world of the living.

Comment

I don't think Iremite Anpu and Death Wolf travel in the same circles. Anpu dwells in the lower realm Duat with actual souls, Death Wolf dwells in the Fallen World, Earth and Shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        Last I checked, Anpu isn't dead.
                        Given his influence, He could be a Dead entity, but he hasn’t been destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                          I don't think Iremite Anpu and Death Wolf travel in the same circles. Anpu dwells in the lower realm Duat with actual souls, Death Wolf dwells in the Fallen World, Earth and Shadow.
                          Well. "Souls" when a lot of the text we have indicates a lot of attention on ghosts, and Death Wolf's original name was Seeking Wolf and has correspondingly been identified as not being particularly bound by anything that gets in the way of her exploration.

Yeah, things are blurry enough that I think things can correspond.

Comment

Working...
                          X