Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a Japanese Arisen adapt the story of Irem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know with CHILDREN’S CARD GAMES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
      I know with CHILDREN’S CARD GAMES!!!
      You did that joke already.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Yes I did, it’s still funny.

Comment

Honestly, this is a very complex question with lots of possibilities and I despair at being able to respond to it with the depth it deserves. One idea that immediately occurs is that the Flesh Masons of the Tef-Aabhi would have adored the ultra nationalist movements of world war 2. Uncompromising worship and loyalty to the emperor as a flawless god-king descended from the Sun? The Japanese as the superior race of the far east (the far east of course being superior to the rest of humanity in this ideology), the call for an empire to restore the country to ancient greatness? Oh yes, the Masons would approve as much of these people as they would their Nazi counterparts. Perhaps there is a divine spark in the emperor? Some of the Arisen's own magic implies that gods and demons once bred with humanity and some of that ancient spark sleeps within their genetic code. The Emperor is probably too well watched to be viable, but perhaps a distant cousin houses enough latent Sekhem to be of use?

Ancient Egyptian myths speak of two mountains at the edge of the either end of creation, Manu in the West from which the solar barge entered the underworld and Bakhu from which the holy sun would rise to journey across the morning sky. Japanese is known as the land of the rising sun, the nation furthest unto the East if we ignore islands like Hawaii. Is there any truth to the old legends? Does Mt Fuji hold some divine secrets?

According to Shinto tradition, the sun goddess once locked herself away from the world after her brother offended her. The land suffered and died without her light. The gods tried to coax her out but none succeeded until the goddess of dance, merriment and wine performed a dance that caused all the gods to laugh in glee and caused Amaterasu to peak out to see what the noise was about. Egypt had a similar sort of myth about the Eye of Ra, a goddess either gifted with Ra's eye or otherwise empowered to enforce his will even at night. In one version, the peaceful Hathor is driven mad with the power and becomes Sekhmet, a creature lusting for death who reeks havoc until the Nile is flooded with red wine. Thinking the river runs with blood, Sekhmet drinks deeply of the Nile and becomes intoxicated and docile, reverting to the peaceful Hathor. Perhaps a Mesen-Nebu becomes intrigued by the parallels of a sun goddess causing much death until intoxication and celebration convince her to change her ways- perhaps even postulating some alchemical formula hidden in some ancient recipe for wine?

Also, Buddhism with its teachings that worldly desires should be given up to find true enlightenment might just be strongly encouraged by the Judges- an obedient servant with low Memory whose goal is to return to a state of blissful oblivion suits them just fine. And on the flipside, a sect of Buddhists who subscribe to the idea that the truly enlightened can become ageless would surely have no difficulty believing a Mummy to be a sacred Buddha that will occasionally ascend to Earth to briefly offer protection and lessons on enlightenment to the devoted.

Comment

Working...
          X