Immortals in Mummy 2e?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortals in Mummy 2e?

I thought this deserved it's own clean thread. I hear that Mummy 2e will be inherenting the Immortals from well, Immortals blue book in 1e.

Is this true? While it be all of the Immortal types? What about Mummy 1e's own lesser mummy splat?

i didn't hear of it,OP,did a dev mention it? or somene who heard a dev's interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      i didn't hear of it,OP,did a dev mention it? or somene who heard a dev's interview?
      I think I read about it in few threads here.

Comment

http://podcast.darker-days.org/e/96-...e-bar-special/

It's also mentioned about, the book is getting a Immortals section.

Comment

1e lesser mummy splat? are you talking about the Sadihk I think they were called? their still there, there 4 tier cultists

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
            1e lesser mummy splat? are you talking about the Sadihk I think they were called? their still there, there 4 tier cultists
            So tier 3 cultists are like Immortals like Puriefied and Eternals and Wardens and so on. And Tier 4 Cultists are Sadihk and maybe other stuff?

Are Tier 1 cultists just regular mortals and tier 2 cultist supernatural mortals?

Comment

4 tier is exclusive for Sadihk, everything else as you say I think

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
                You can invest your Pillars in your cultists. Doing so allows a cultist to access some of a mummy’s related powers, limited by the cultist’s tier. The tiers are:
                1. Ordinary mortals
                2. Sorcerers
                3. Immortals
                4. Sadikh
                You can also use Pillars invested in your cultists to resurrect yourself if your body is utterly destroyed, taking their body as your new one.
                Yes.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I'm betting there will be a deal of information about 2nd edition Immortals (Blood Bathers & Body Snatchers were 2nd-Edition-ed up in Dark Eras books) in a more complete form, likely being a lesser related template to Mummy than the Sadikh is, as the Sadikh is more closely linked to the Mummy and its powers.

Comment

In which Dark Era book were they 2nd-edition-ed?

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                      In which Dark Era book were they 2nd-edition-ed?
                      Dark Eras Companion - "Fall of Isireion"

Comment

First era in the book... do I feel dumb now. So much to read that some things always slip through....

Comment

Her is a disturbing thought, Arise and their servants selective breeding mortals over generations, till the perfect mortal body is born, then at the right time the Arisen immolates itself and takes that perfect body for their own. The next best ones get claimed by body snatchers. And then the breeding process continues till a mortal with an even better body is born. Being invested with Sekhem is a scary thought, if you go rogue, the Mummy can take your body if it chooses.

I hope Purified are in, they were cool.

Comment

I wonder if the immortality comes directly from the Mummy the way it does for the Sadikh or if other rituals preserve the body like Blood Bathing or the like...could a mummy perhaps seek out some rare type of undying being it discovers in its long existence and "collect" it as a useful tool?

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
                              I wonder if the immortality comes directly from the Mummy the way it does for the Sadikh or if other rituals preserve the body like Blood Bathing or the like...could a mummy perhaps seek out some rare type of undying being it discovers in its long existence and "collect" it as a useful tool?
                              I think Mummy cults like know types of Immortal are possible, so they experiment and research the secrets of Immortality, so they can last long enough to survive the Mummy. Plus the possiblity of Immortality is a major incentive to join a Mummy Cult. I don't think comes from the Mommy.

We do have a few creatures who are capable of Immortality, Vampires, Ghouls, Pyschic Vampires, Liches, Ghosts, ect...

Changelings, Mages, and Vampires can grant mortals Immortality. Changelings can use Oneiromancy to grant the Psychic Vampire Merit to a Mortal, Vampires create Ghouls, and Mages have a variety of methods.
                              Last edited by Omegaphallic; 04-15-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X