Immortals in Mummy 2e?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

I think Mummy cults like know types of Immortal are possible, so they experiment and research the secrets of Immortality, so they can last long enough to survive the Mummy. Plus the possiblity of Immortality is a major incentive to join a Mummy Cult. I don't think comes from the Mommy.

We do have a few creatures who are capable of Immortality, Vampires, Ghouls, Pyschic Vampires, Liches, Ghosts, ect...

Changelings, Mages, and Vampires can grant mortals Immortality. Changelings can use Oneiromancy to grant the Psychic Vampire Merit to a Mortal, Vampires create Ghouls, and Mages have a variety of methods.
    they cant grant them true immortality, even mummies cant with the sadikh

Comment

Just a weird thought, but we know the Immortals 2e is in Mummy. What if the Minor Guilds are the Immortals? The origins of different kinds of Immortals might be the minor guilds.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
        Just a weird thought, but we know the Immortals 2e is in Mummy. What if the Minor Guilds are the Immortals? The origins of different kinds of Immortals might be the minor guilds.
        Eh. I’d say that’d take away a lot from many of the Immortals in general.

Comment

Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post

Eh. I’d say that’d take away a lot from many of the Immortals in general.
          Have to agree. It would have a place, for sure, but the Immortals things should be broader than that. And I kind of like the idea that Guilds and Scorpion Cults have a habit of picking up "lesser" beings who are immortal along the way, perhaps by virtue of being purpose built and inherently designed to serve the needs of eternal, undying beings and provide resources and a sense of stability to them while in most cases being even more ancient. I like the idea that the guilds have informally become a sort of immortals club, a society that provides otherwise lonely entities a wider social network with likewise undying beings (one of the only options that exists that won't likely end with you drained of blood or enthralled to an undead leach).

Comment

Working...
          X