Sorcerers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorcerers

I had a few questions about sorcerers as presented in dark eras companion. A very exciting concept I must say!

1. If we assume that the history in Book of the Deceived is true, can we also assume Isis was the first of these sorcerers or at worst the most powerful of her day?

2. In my understanding sorcerers would be considered a step beneath thaumaturges as per Second Sight. Would you consider the merits in the magic chapters (including the Lovecraft one) available to sorcerers or are those too powerful in general?

3. My knowledge of the CoD is by no means exhaustive. Can I hear more ideas of what people consider Open Book Rituals? More for a place to start with researching other abilities these people can do.

4. Not a question really. But curious to hear new rites that have popped Up on games.

I think Sorcerers aren't template so anyone can be one.

Comment

The official write for Sorcerers is in Dark Eras Companion, in the Cleopatra chapter. Certain rite/rituals can be performed by anyone but the 'good stuff' (including more powerful version of the 'open' rites) requires a 4 dot merit. So you can run them as a lesser template using the rules found in Hurt Locker.

Of course, 2nd edition isn't that far off and may revise how this is done.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
        2. In my understanding sorcerers would be considered a step beneath thaumaturges as per Second Sight. Would you consider the merits in the magic chapters (including the Lovecraft one) available to sorcerers or are those too powerful in general?
        A Thaumaturge is a minor-template so you'd need to become one first. It could be interesting to convert some of the merits into closed rites though.

3. Can I hear more ideas of what people consider Open Book Rituals? More for a place to start with researching other abilities these people can do.
        Some of the Ceremonies in Geist 2e would fall into that category.

Comment

Working...
        X