Shuankhsen Cults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuankhsen Cults

What do you imagine the inside of a shuankhsen cult looks like? At a minimum it would be a group deranged or desperate enough not to worry about potentially getting eaten in whole or part (you think arisen are cranky when you wake them). Some of them no doubt believe in sacrifice or ritualized cannabalism. Any further ideas?

I see them viewing a sleeping Shaunkhsen as some sort of God and or Monster they have to feed to make the World go round. Like a Monster in a rural Town's well or Grendal or Huitzilipochtli.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I sort of see it as them seeing it as a Pennywise like Thing, and try to sate it so it doesn’t turn on them so it’ll go back to sleep as soon as possible.

Comment

I can certainly see the shuankhsen acting in much the same way as an Arisen, a thing the cult calls up to harm other people and keep them safe. As long as they have a target or a good supply of meat that shouldn’t be a problem. Depending on the background they might even be sympathetic- say the descendants of runaway slaves the Shuankhsen took pity upon (or rescues from human traffickers in more recent history).

The ones I find most intriguing are the ones who serve the Devourer directly. What kind of people would worship such a force of annihilation? A love craft cult? “Sure eat the world but save us for last OR kill us first and quickly so we don’t suffer”. Or something like a Mesoamerican cult- we feed you so you don’t get so hungry you eat everything.

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
          I can certainly see the shuankhsen acting in much the same way as an Arisen, a thing the cult calls up to harm other people and keep them safe. As long as they have a target or a good supply of meat that shouldn’t be a problem. Depending on the background they might even be sympathetic- say the descendants of runaway slaves the Shuankhsen took pity upon (or rescues from human traffickers in more recent history).

The ones I find most intriguing are the ones who serve the Devourer directly. What kind of people would worship such a force of annihilation? A love craft cult? “Sure eat the world but save us for last OR kill us first and quickly so we don’t suffer”. Or something like a Mesoamerican cult- we feed you so you don’t get so hungry you eat everything.
          There might also be misanthropes who think the world is too full of pain to be worth its continued existence. The people life has hurt the most who were offered a path to hurt it back.

The feed to avoid being eaten is more or less the Judge's position. Of course, they set up people to fail, to teach the way of rage and punish its unleashing, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X