Mummy the Curse 2nd Edition Podcast Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummy the Curse 2nd Edition Podcast Interview

Ahead of the Mummy the Curse Second Edition Kicksterter Campaign coming next week, we bring you a preview interview with developer Matthew Dawkins: http://thestorytold.libsyn.com/mummy...atthew-dawkins

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
    Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: The Fall of Jiara
    Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Something I'm a little puzzled from the interview. I think it was mentioned that Arisen are going to have less powers affecting ghosts in the core book this time around. Does that mean there is going to be a toning down of Arisen having necromancy-like powers?

Comment

Originally posted by Paradim View Post
      Something I'm a little puzzled from the interview. I think it was mentioned that Arisen are going to have less powers affecting ghosts in the core book this time around. Does that mean there is going to be a toning down of Arisen having necromancy-like powers?
      It looks to be a decision based on the fact that there is already going to be wordcount taken up by things like rules for immortal types, sekhem sorcery, etc and he said he wanted to have Affinities and Utterances that deal with ghosts and spirits in a supplement.

See you all on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post

It looks to be a decision based on the fact that there is already going to be wordcount taken up by things like rules for immortal types, sekhem sorcery, etc and he said he wanted to have Affinities and Utterances that deal with ghosts and spirits in a supplement.

I guess that might work better as a more defined supplement for the Underworld in general....

Comment

I guess that might work better as a more defined supplement for the Underworld in general....
          Or at least the Underworld. As long as the slew of what we get in it's totality covers a good variety of things and has solid mechanical expression, I'll be happy. Though it does feel a bit odd only have physically oriented undead powers in the core. But I suspect once we see the manuscript all shall be well.

See you all on the other side.

Comment

Indeed. I preferred to give focus to powers that affect tangible things rather than including a couple of Utterances that bother ghosts and then feel obliged to include an entire section on ephemeral entities to justify its presence. Amkhata are still in the book and they work, but expect more ghost wrangling powers in a sourcebook.

Matthew Dawkins
            In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
              Indeed. I preferred to give focus to powers that affect tangible things rather than including a couple of Utterances that bother ghosts and then feel obliged to include an entire section on ephemeral entities to justify its presence. Amkhata are still in the book and they work, but expect more ghost wrangling powers in a sourcebook.

Do you think that the Utterances from First Edition will still be compatible? Or otherwise easily workable to a Second Edition format?

Comment

Do you think that the Utterances from First Edition will still be compatible? Or otherwise easily workable to a Second Edition format?
                The core Storytelling System is the same, so with a little adjustment, yes.

Matthew Dawkins
                In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

The core Storytelling System is the same, so with a little adjustment, yes.

That's really good to hear! That means until the supplement comes out with similar abilities, there's still stuff to draw upon for that.

Comment

I think there is sidebar in DEC. Explicitly covering ghost-effecting Utterances, only 5-6 but yeah.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

I think there is sidebar in DEC. Explicitly covering ghost-effecting Utterances, only 5-6 but yeah.
                      What is DEC...?

Comment

What is DEC...?
                        Dark Eras Companion

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                        Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

What is DEC...?
                          Dark Eras Companion, the book which contains a chapter (Princes of the Conquered Land) whose mechanical aspects include notes for managing crossover between 1e Mummy and 2e Mage as well as various angles on the cosmology. The sidebar is "Utterances and Revised Ghosts," on page 137.

Resident Lore-Hound
                          Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post

Dark Eras Companion, the book which contains a chapter (Princes of the Conquered Land) whose mechanical aspects include notes for managing crossover between 1e Mummy and 2e Mage as well as various angles on the cosmology. The sidebar is "Utterances and Revised Ghosts," on page 137.
                            Thank you both ^.^ That really lets me find it easier.

Comment

Edit: Accidental double post, dunno how to delete.
                              Last edited by Paradim; 11-02-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X