Mummy: the Curse 2e Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummy: the Curse 2e Kickstarter

Been a long time coming, but today is the day. Mummy’s Second Kickstarter goes live in about five and a half hours, so here is a new thread so people can track it from the beginning. Once the link is live, I’ll edit it into this post. It’s also a swirl of emotions for me personally, since I’ve got a chunk of Chapter 1 and it is my first project to get in front of the public’s eye. Hopefully things resonate!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...se-2nd-edition
    Last edited by Second Chances; 11-05-2019, 03:11 PM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

This is me today. Can't wait for the KS to open!

Comment

MOTHETFUCKING DECEIVED IN THE HOUSE

Comment

I've just finished reading the Maa-Kep section and I feel I have a much better handle on who they are already. Excellent start.

Comment

I just read it all the way through.

My god. I actually kinda respect the Judges now. I mean, they're inhuman jackasses, but they're fundamentally just jackasses. I actually want to play one of their servants now, screaming "I AM THE LAW (provisional to you oh lord please don't smack me with an emanation)" with dark glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
            I've just finished reading the Maa-Kep section and I feel I have a much better handle on who they are already. Excellent start.
            That's the plan. I wanted the guilds to actually be accessible and relatable in this edition. Who wants to play an engraver? Very few people. Who wants to play a spy or member of the secret police? Now we're getting somewhere. They're still what they were, but their role in society is different to their profession.

Matthew Dawkins
            In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

My god. I actually kinda respect the Judges now. I mean, they're inhuman jackasses, but they're fundamentally just jackasses. I actually want to play one of their servants now, screaming "I AM THE LAW (provisional to you oh lord please don't smack me with an emanation)" with dark glory.
              I really love how it sets a context for the Judges within the rest of the CofD that wasn't really present in 1st edition, or at the very least expanded upon.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” noun: empathy the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Comment

That section on the judges is worth this book's weight in Sekhem.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

That's the plan. I wanted the guilds to actually be accessible and relatable in this edition. Who wants to play an engraver? Very few people. Who wants to play a spy or member of the secret police? Now we're getting somewhere. They're still what they were, but their role in society is different to their profession.

You did well sir! And I'm just finishing the Mesen-Sebu, and again, vivid portrayal. It even reminds me of a friend of mine, which isn't something you necessarily expect from a chapter about a Mummy guild!

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
                    That section on the judges is worth this book's weight in Sekhem.

NO! DO NOT MENTION THE S-WORD IN RELATION TO A BOOK-

*wall explodes*

Sesha-Hebsu: "DID SOMEBODY SAY A BOOK HAS SEKHEM IN IT!?"

FUCK.
                    Last edited by Leliel; 11-05-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

NO! DO NOT MENTION THE S-WORD IN RELATION TO A BOOK-

*wall explodes*

Sesha-Hebsu: DID SOMEBODY SAY A BOOK HAS SEKHEM IN IT!?"

FUCK.
                      Look, you Kickstart a Relic, shit’s gonna get dicey. I just calls it like I sees it.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                      Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Favorite new major feature: the shifting of the Pillars depending on your Duat Judgement. Distinctive, theme-appropriate, gives a player opportunity to experiment new things while keeping it more narrative than purely mechanical... perfect.

Favorite minor suggestion: the football team with a Deathless trainor. I keep cracking up at the idea of grim Arisen displaying the full span of their immortal Cult-leading techniques in the most mundane of endeavors. (I want a Su-Menent baby-sitter.)
                        Last edited by Adrasalieth; 11-05-2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Can.... can Arisen... can Arisen be described as lich paladins?

...I think I can sell a player on lich paladins.

Comment

Argh, I wanted to charge my debit card today so I could back the Kickstarter, but didn't had time.. hopefully that by Thursday I'll get it done. I need my immortals :P

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                            X