Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Well now I'm curious.

I was making some comparisons between the text and Madoka, but felt better of it since I was quoting from an unpublished source. Cosmic law and unknowable entities imposing their will and such. Also the image of a mummy hitting up Blessing of the God King by screaming "Azar Power, Make up!".

Comment

• Originally posted by nothri View Post

I was making some comparisons between the text and Madoka, but felt better of it since I was quoting from an unpublished source. Cosmic law and unknowable entities imposing their will and such. Also the image of a mummy hitting up Blessing of the God King by screaming "Azar Power, Make up!".
      *nods, enjoying the notion*

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• So Immortals now have Sekhem rating? Cool

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Also, just to clarify- if an Arisen has their body destroyed, all canopic jars ruined and no Inheritor alive, that would mean permanent death?

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Okay, this preview: Ritual Sorcerer might need to be dropped from four dots to three. I like the less stringent requirements, but if you're going for it, you're already giving over a significant portion of your life to scholarly pursuits; might allow just a tiny bit more flexibility.

Otherwise, looking good! Just read Merits, and wow, I love how Cults are shaping up.

Comment

• Sad there doesn't seem the purified aren't returning. But that's honestly not surprising, since they have so little to do with mummy's theme or lore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post
                Sad there doesn't seem the purified aren't returning. But that's honestly not surprising, since they have so little to do with mummy's theme or lore.
                Their not returning yet. We also haven't got our stretch goal book yet and I can see the Purified ending up in there along with more Affinities, Utterances, minor Guilds, ghosts/Spirits etc.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post
                  Sad there doesn't seem the purified aren't returning. But that's honestly not surprising, since they have so little to do with mummy's theme or lore.
                  It was said that the Blood Bathers, Eternals, Body Thieves and Reborn would get a full coverage in this book, while the rest will get a short one. Hopefully once we will go through the current stretch goal, one of the future ones would be expansion for other immortals (Purified, Visitors, Harvesters, Wardens and Patchwork People). The Purified were mentioned in the previous preview as one of the less "friendly" Immortals, even though that as immortals they would seem to be related to Sekhem by the virtue of being Timeless, so we should expect some revision in their writeup from 1e.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                    Okay, this preview: Ritual Sorcerer might need to be dropped from four dots to three. I like the less stringent requirements, but if you're going for it, you're already giving over a significant portion of your life to scholarly pursuits; might allow just a tiny bit more flexibility.

Otherwise, looking good! Just read Merits, and wow, I love how Cults are shaping up.
                    I’m glad you’ve been enjoying the Merits. If you think Ritual Sorcerer should be three dots, I’d recommend mentioning it whenever the feedback sheet goes out. I made the requirements less strict to allow starting characters to have a reasonable chance of pulling it off without being severely limited in their available builds, and that would follow the same logic.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                    Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Now that the preview with the powers has dropped, I can tell this story. It amuses me enough that you’ll probably hear it more than once, especially since it will be copy and pasted rather than typed again each time.
                      This is definitely the most “meta” story I have to tell (I believe meta is the appropriate word here). I was hired to write one of the Utterances, specifically the one that would become Invoking Tempest’s Fury. This occurred after it first appeared in the prologue game Matthew Dawkins ran for Red Moon Roleplaying. That means that for our delightful game of nonlinear time, everyone got to see an Utterance I wrote used in play broadcast before I was hired to write it or even gave it a single thought. Mundane explanation? Sure. But I find this far more amusing than I probably should.

Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams

Comment

• Reading through the Merits has absolutely thrilled me; I got character concepts just from individual Merits alone. The inflexibility of Scorpion Cult Initiation is kind of "meh." It's easy enough to use Mystery Cult Initiation, and that changes basically nothing. Hell, the second and fifth dots wouldn't even need to move, unless I could come up with something better.

I must admit that compared to the Merits I was a little... underwhelmed with the generic Affinities. Most of them seem to be one-to-one repeats of 1e Affinities and they keep the clunky target number reduction mechanic as opposed to, say, dice tricks like 9-again or 8-again, which basically end up accomplishing the same thing but without tweaking the base system of every CofD game.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
                          Reading through the Merits has absolutely thrilled me; I got character concepts just from individual Merits alone. The inflexibility of Scorpion Cult Initiation is kind of "meh." It's easy enough to use Mystery Cult Initiation, and that changes basically nothing. Hell, the second and fifth dots wouldn't even need to move, unless I could come up with something better.
                          I’m glad you liked the Merits. I wrote most of the new ones, so I take it as a point of pride that they’re inspiring character ideas.
                          SCI wasn’t one of mine, but I don’t believe it’s intended to be inflexible. I thought it permitted adjustment, but only gave one example. If it’s indicating that it is the only possible way, that might need to be addressed when feedback collection begins.

Comment

• Read the mechanics chapter. Still taking it all in, but in a good way. Will comment more later after the full taking it all in thing occurs. That said, couple of quick comments.

I love the chapter organization. I think its quite organized and efficient. Sections roll from one area to another.

That said, question, why is Sekhem at the end? Wouldn't it make more sense to be before Pillars and such. It still is the power source.

Speaking of Sekhem, I don't get the Pillars/Turn row. (Either now or in 1e) if the Turn part of Pillars/Turn always remains 1 then why even bother putting it in, it doesn't change.

While I am still not a fan of Sekhem going 10-1 rather than 1-10 the fact that everything else seems really awesome, and Sekehm was at the end so I got all happy reading everything else, does make it less annoying and more just a bother.

Anyway, there is much to like. Character creation and the descriptions in it. The Merits are awesome. The Pillars are fantastic. The Utterances are amazing. The way things develop and flow and the writing style. Its similar in purpose to 1e but less rambling, more direct, more focused. (Good example is the area on Pillars, it is nicely formatted.)

Oh, and on Affinities, I REALLY like the fact that there are no lines limiting the number of Affinities a Mummy can have. Which is good as I thought that was out of place.

On Merits, I like everything. There were numerous Timeless ones that had me going AH HA! AWESOME. Same with the regular merits, and also the supernatural ones.

Speaking of which, I really wish that the Ritual Sorcerer stuff didn't artifiically limit spells to Resolve or Occult. Why couldn't it be that they get a couple 'free' equal to Resolve and anymore need to be purchased as an individual Spell with Merit dots. That way you are still slowing growth but without giving it a limit that well limits character play.

But so far so good, there is much to like here. Especially, the areas that I can see were rewritten a bit in comparison to 1e.

Also I too would really like the Purified to come back as a full template. Though I hope they don't start adding restrictions and limitations and internal horror elements to it just because even though they aren't there in the Immortals book.

Comment

• The Purified don't receive a big profile in this book, no, but if we hit some more stretch goals, I think we'll get to see Purified, Patchwork People, et al.

Matthew Dawkins
                              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• While I greatly enjoyed most of the chapter, I was a little underwhelmed by the Utterances, they don’t feel as biblically powerful as they seemed to be in 1e, and all of my favorite Utterances were cut from the list, though I’m sure they will appear in later books. Now I do like how some were tweaked, like Blessed is The God-King and Power of Re, the changes feel right to me.

But all in all, I’m a little disappointed in the lack of my favorites and the fact that there is only one new Utterance, not Counting the 1.5 ed Utterances from DE ( but hey, that’s word count limits for ya!).

That said, I love the direction everything is headed, and I can’t wait to see what the other previews will show us!

Comment

Working...
                                X