Mummy: the Curse 2e Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradim View Post
    I'll admit, I'm not very familiar with Geist. You have a short version for what that does handy?
    Every member of a krewe with dots in that krewe's Mystery Cult Initiation Merit can perform every Ceremony available to that krewe with a dot rating of up to their MCI rating without having to learn the Ceremony separately; Ceremonies in general notably don't depend on any special connection to the Underworld and can be performed by anyone who's learned the necessary steps because they're just part of the way the world operates.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
      Every member of a krewe with dots in that krewe's Mystery Cult Initiation Merit can perform every Ceremony available to that krewe with a dot rating of up to their MCI rating without having to learn the Ceremony separately; Ceremonies in general notably don't depend on any special connection to the Underworld and can be performed by anyone who's learned the necessary steps because they're just part of the way the world operates.
      Are mortals considered members of a krewe, too?

Comment

Yes. They can even bear Regalia. Hell, they can lead krewes.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Edit: Still going through the Decrees slowly, and I'm flat out LOVING them.
          That is excellent to hear! We put a lot of work into them!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

They and ghosts make up the majority of the membership by virtue of how geists and the Bound work. Sin-Eaters are distinguished by having innate access to a number of mid- to high-dot Ceremonies, including Krewe Binding; since the Esotery of a krewe caps its membership's dots in MCI, this means that for most of the early life of a krewe, the Bound are going to be the ones to call upon for inducting new members, bestowing the mystical mantles of its philosophy, channeling the dead, or laying spirits to rest, barring individual members who've learned those Ceremonies beyond the provisions of their Initiation, but every initiated member of a Necropolitan krewe, for example, knows how to connect a call to the nearest phone to a person whose name they know no matter where they are.

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Okay, I can see then how a system like Mystery Cult Initiation merits might work out for Mummy as well!

Edit: Note to self, actually sit down and read the blasted Geist book sometime....

Comment

Okay, I can see then how a system like Mystery Cult Initiation merits might work out for Mummy as well!

Edit: Note to self, actually sit down and read the blasted Geist book sometime....
                It's a damn good read.

Matthew Dawkins
                In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

It's a damn good read.

So, I'm not expecting the Mummy core book to delve into this, really.... I'm just going to ask regarding opinion, rather than any "official" view of this but... How do you see Arisen interacting with Sin-Eaters or Geists?

Comment

So, I'm not expecting the Mummy core book to delve into this, really.... I'm just going to ask regarding opinion, rather than any "official" view of this but... How do you see Arisen interacting with Sin-Eaters or Geists?
                    Not that this answers that, but I gotta admit that the entire time I'm reading Mummy I've got natural necromancer vs natural necromancer conflicts popping up in my head.

It does not help that Sin-eaters dealing with Temakhs while the Deceived are in a death cycle is very fun to think about.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Not that this answers that, but I gotta admit that the entire time I'm reading Mummy I've got natural necromancer vs natural necromancer conflicts popping up in my head.

It does not help that Sin-eaters dealing with Temakhs while the Deceived are in a death cycle is very fun to think about.

Yeah, this kind of makes me wonder as to how the Bound would see the Arisen... I'm largely thinking of what their Utterances could do with ghosts in the previous edition, but that included stuff like feeding ghosts to a chthonic horror in order to better control it.

Comment

I know that core books don’t generally deal with crossover type stuff, but this is my first time delving into Mummy, and I can see plenty of potential points of conflict with Mages, Sin-Eaters, and the God Machine.

However, I wanted to ask about cosmology for a bit. Is Duat the same place that all ghosts go? Does that mean the Judges are just a type of Geist? Or is this one of those underworlds, like the Inferno?

....or is Duat a Supernal Realm and the Judges are Supernal spirits?

Or is it an entirely different area and I need to just expand my cosmology?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                          I know that core books don’t generally deal with crossover type stuff, but this is my first time delving into Mummy, and I can see plenty of potential points of conflict with Mages, Sin-Eaters, and the God Machine.

However, I wanted to ask about cosmology for a bit. Is Duat the same place that all ghosts go? Does that mean the Judges are just a type of Geist? Or is this one of those underworlds, like the Inferno?

....or is Duat a Supernal Realm and the Judges are Supernal spirits?

Or is it an entirely different area and I need to just expand my cosmology?
                          Duat is what Mages call a Lower Depth,Lower Depths are otherworldly realms that lack an aspect of the world and consume it.
                          One Lower Depth might Lack Life,and be a world full of death. Another might Kack virtue and be a world full of sin
                          Duat lacks Sehkhem

Comment

Check out the Mummy/Mage Eras in the Dark Eras Companion! It has some answers.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                              Check out the Mummy/Mage Eras in the Dark Eras Companion! It has some answers.
                              Specifically, you'll be wanting to check out Princes of the Conquered Land.

Comment

Alright, digging into the Judges now and.... Yikes, they're kinda scary.

But Arem-Abfu has me wondering, the Judge that rules over transgressions against the cosmos.... What does It think of the Rite of Return?

Comment

Working...
                                X