Mummy: the Curse 2e Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paradim View Post

"Ba" covered new Utterances. We don't know, nor may ever know, what "Ren" would have included. Might be for the best.
    if you reread what I wrote, you will notice what I said was that the range of Ba we got reads like something pushed together because of the speed of the Kickstarter to make sure we got to some more Utterances. What I said was that I suspected the original intent was that Ba was going to be Judges and Ren Utterances, but they changed it.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• So if non-Knowing/Unveiling Time/Fate Spells don't work on Mummies....do similarly aspected powers amongst other splats also not work? Like, if a demon tries to Stop an Arisen, does that instead just burn out?

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
        So if non-Knowing/Unveiling Time/Fate Spells don't work on Mummies....do similarly aspected powers amongst other splats also not work? Like, if a demon tries to Stop an Arisen, does that instead just burn out?
        That’s an interesting question. Most powers that try to change Fate/Time by imposing external rules on the mummy will fail. The scars left by the Rite of Return on both those concepts makes it impossible. However, mummies aren’t immune to creatures that exploit loopholes in the universe’s current rules, or use a more advanced understanding of those existing conditions to produce their effect. Mages are trying to impose their rules, and I’d say things like Changelings do likewise. Neither should have much joy dictating a mummy’s fate or time. OTOH, demons are just using the rules that exist, they just know them better than most creatures. Their time shiftings are more likely to work.

I’d say when in doubt, make a Clash of Wills and see what happens.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

That’s an interesting question. Most powers that try to change Fate/Time by imposing external rules on the mummy will fail. The scars left by the Rite of Return on both those concepts makes it impossible. However, mummies aren’t immune to creatures that exploit loopholes in the universe’s current rules, or use a more advanced understanding of those existing conditions to produce their effect. Mages are trying to impose their rules, and I’d say things like Changelings do likewise. Neither should have much joy dictating a mummy’s fate or time. OTOH, demons are just using the rules that exist, they just know them better than most creatures. Their time shiftings are more likely to work.

I’d say when in doubt, make a Clash of Wills and see what happens.
          Decent logic, I had some of the shape of that when I finished chapter seven last night.

Oh by the way, Chapter Seven is the best chapter in the book.

Comment

• The only question is what to roll in such a CoW.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              The only question is what to roll in such a CoW.
              Whatever the individual CoW would call for. Each splat usually spells out what those rolls are.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                Whatever the individual CoW would call for. Each splat usually spells out what those rolls are.
                The Arisen in this context. It's a blanket immunity to time and fate effects not tied to any Pillar (or even Attribute) so there's no defined dice pool for the mummy.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

The Arisen in this context. It's a blanket immunity to time and fate effects not tied to any Pillar (or even Attribute) so there's no defined dice pool for the mummy.
                  Outside of that mage specific situation, I'd say just go with standard Clash pools. Maybe we'll see it brought up in the Contagion Companion?(forgive my mild speculation)

In the mage specific situation I wouldn't use CoW personally.
                  Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 12-08-2019, 04:01 PM.

Not returning to the forums, just stopping in for a moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
                    Outside of that mage specific situation, I'd say just go with standard Clash pools. Maybe we'll see it brought up in the Contagion Companion?(forgive my mild speculation)

In the mage specific situation I wouldn't use CoW personally.
                    It was specifically about time and fate affecting supernatural powers other than those of mages- Regardless, the problem is that there is no standard CoW dice pool which we can default to.

Comment

It was specifically about time and fate affecting supernatural powers other than those of mages- Regardless, the problem is that there is no standard CoW dice pool which we can default to.
                      That seems a weird thing to not have a pool for.

Not returning to the forums, just stopping in for a moment.

Comment

• Sekhem + Defining Pillar seems reasonable to me. A mummy’s temporal anchorage is less inflexible as her Descent draws to a close and the Ocean prepares to draw her beneath its waves again.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
                          That seems a weird thing to not have a pool for.
                          That's because CoW is only ever meant to be used with activated powers that are assumed to either be dot rated or connected to a dot rated trait. Afaik only beasts and ephemeral entities has dice pools to default to, and that's because beasts use Lair + highest Resistance Attribute for all their powers, and ephemeral entities just rolls Rank if they're not using an Influence.

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                          Sekhem + Defining Pillar seems reasonable to me. A mummy’s temporal anchorage is less inflexible as her Descent draws to a close and the Ocean prepares to draw her beneath its waves again.
                          Defining Pillar or highest Pillar makes sense to me. It just bothers me when CoWs are called for in situations they aren't designed to cover without providing the missing dice pool.
                          Last edited by Tessie; 12-08-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Is there any news on whether the 2ed core will include Seba? And how do Relics interact with other Supernaturals?

Comment

That's because CoW is only ever meant to be used with activated powers that are assumed to either be dot rated or connected to a dot rated trait. Afaik only beasts and ephemeral entities has dice pools to default to, and that's because beasts use Lair + highest Resistance Attribute for all their powers, and ephemeral entities just rolls Rank if they're not using an Influence.
                              If memory serves, werewolves also have Primal Urge + Auspice Renown as the pool to use if they're not using a Gift Facet built on another Renown.

Defining Pillar or highest Pillar makes sense to me.
                              Defining Pillar specifically has to be your highest Pillar, so that works out either way.

Resident Lore-Hound
                              Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                                If memory serves, werewolves also have Primal Urge + Auspice Renown as the pool to use if they're not using a Gift Facet built on another Renown.
                                Good catch. It's probably due to the number of innate werewolf abilities not tied to Renown. Great foresight from the dev/writer who added that.

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                                Defining Pillar specifically has to be your highest Pillar, so that works out either way.
                                Right. I got confused by the sidebar "The Rite of Return when Arisen" that mentions changing your "main Pillar" which I linked to your Defining Pillar. If you could change your Defining Pillar you could easily end up in situations where your Defining Pillar isn't your highest, but since you can't change your Defining Pillar I have literally no idea what "main Pillar" refers to.

Comment

Working...
                                X