No announcement yet.

Mummy: the Curse 2e Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, the writer shed some extra light on the intent of this in Discord, which made this click for me in a way that zeroing in on a blanket ban on specific practices did not. Paraphrasing - attempts to affect the Time, Fate, or Memory of a mummy will always fail; this totally makes sense to me and is super thematic. In light of that, the only real issue I have with the sidebar is the way it addresses the practices, since it creates edge cases that don't follow the intent.

For example:
    1) As written, an Acanthus can go back in time with Shifting Sands by a scene or so and 'kill' a Mummy. They would remain 'dead' in the present. This should not be possible, because that's messing with the personal Time of the Deathless.
    2) As written, an Acanthus cannot use Warding Gesture to shield a Mummy ally from her own hostile AOE spells, because Shielding is a forbidden practice. This should be possible, because it's not messing with the personal Fate of the Deathless.
    Last edited by lnodiv; 03-27-2020, 07:03 PM. Reason: Clarity of language

Comment

• Do we have any update on when we will get the updated manuscript with the additional Utterances and removed target number changing rules?
      Last edited by Daigotsu Max; 03-27-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
        Do we have any update on when we will get the updated manuscript with the additional Utterances and removed target number changing rules?
        Usually when the backer pdf is ready. OPP don’t generally send out updated manuscripts after the Kickstarter.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
          Do we have any update on when we will get the updated manuscript with the additional Utterances and removed target number changing rules?
          Make sure to keep an eye on your inbox or the Kickstarter page directly for updates. I think the last one we had was just an update on other products. Given what is happening in the world, and this is not directed at you, just a more general thing, I think patience is important right now.

See you all on the other side.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
            I suppose I'd been hoping for something more interesting than a no-sell - like the magic having entirely unpredictable consequences[…]

There's a lot of room for interesting mysteries where this interaction is, and that room being cut out and replaced with "Nope, sorry, here's some Paradox" is disappointing.
            To reframe the things Tessie's already brought up, "here's some Paradox" is the magic having unpredictable consequences.

Attempting to interfere with a mummy's Name at more than a cursory level doesn't work, and attempting to interact with it magically at all draws the influence of alien demon-gods made of pain and suffering just the same as if you'd exposed your Astral self to the raw currents of the world-soul and experienced a dreaming death — "something powerful's got its tendrils in your magic, and that's represented with the same system as a normal Paradox" goes clear back to 1e.

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• That reminds me if(I hope) we get a book that expands on the nature of the Deceived's name magic. Or at least in a sense more than what was done in 1e. That those concepts are explored more. It felt like something that could have been expanded on in a few places in 1e.

See you all on the other side.

Comment

• Well, the Book of Lasting Death is going to include an expansion on Minor Guilds, and the Deceived are included among them. As such, while a full glory 2e update for them is yet to be announced, nor does a Night Horrors book which could perhaps explore them in greater depth, I would imagine that most of their unique features will be detailed and updated in the supplement.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Just to be clear, since it does not say it's been cleared, we do have the chapter for new judges, affinities, and utterances right? We made the 63,000 thousand mark, but its unconfirmed

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                    Just to be clear, since it does not say it's been cleared, we do have the chapter for new judges, affinities, and utterances right? We made the 63,000 thousand mark, but its unconfirmed
                    Yes. I wrote some of the new Utterances myself for the Book of Lasting Death.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                    Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Yes. I wrote some of the new Utterances myself for the Book of Lasting Death.
                      Ahh ok, thanks! And I hope you had a fun time writing new Utterances!

Comment

• So I'm just wondering, what's the narrative reasons for the bonuses on Wayward cult? I understand the drawbacks, just not the bonuses

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                          So I'm just wondering, what's the narrative reasons for the bonuses on Wayward cult? I understand the drawbacks, just not the bonuses
                          They don’t need to take care to avoid angering their own Judge, allowing them more freedom to act against other cults with considerably less risk to themselves.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                          Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                          Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Working...
                          X