No announcement yet.

Mummy: the Curse 2e Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pg. 137: "The effects οf Sybaris on the mortal subconscious might draw the attention of a Begotten and some..."

For some reason, the "o" in "of" isn't showing in my pdf.

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
    WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
    and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

• Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
      pg. 137: "The effects οf Sybaris on the mortal subconscious might draw the attention of a Begotten and some..."

For some reason, the "o" in "of" isn't showing in my pdf.

Please add it to the errata form.

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• I love the formatting. The way you bolded, organized, sidebared and whatnot the various sections (especially in the character creation, powers, and immortals chapters) is spectacular.

The way you organized Affinities by Pillar is PERFECT, so much easier to find and follow. I did notice the removal of prerequiste dots, which is an interesting choice. (Speaking of Affinities, I noticed the removal of the one affinity that makes life perfect, like not having to worry about lights and such, I liked that affinity).

I especially like how the Immortlas chapter was done. The idea of Affinities for each group is brilliant. I also understand why you made Sekhem for immortals go up to 5, not 10, as they are a minor group. (I might change that but I understand and get why you did it; same with the one Pillar being unlocked, that I am totally going to change - I love the idea of an ancient immortals unlocking all pillars and such.)

Oh. Random question. You mention that when unlocking a Pillar the immortal operates it like a Mummy would - does that mean gaining access to both Affinities and Utterances.

Anyway. This is really cool. Thanks for the work. Its spectacular. I REALLY REALLY REALLY love what you did with Mummy 2e.

PS. If you ever find the time can I put a vote to expanding the lesser immortal template. Such a brilliant potential campaign category.

Comment

• I really like the new revised Immortals section. The reformatting of the section as well as the revisions in the template itself make a lot of sense and feel much more natural than before. Very cool, overall.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the Storyteller's Vault opening up for Mummy. In particular, I'm hoping for a supplement that provides a 2e update for the Patchwork People, the Purified, and the Visitors (the “other Immortals”) in the context of Mummy.

Comment

• In that context, I have noticed that considering that now each immortal type has a favored attribute, and we had nine Immortals in the original book, and we do have nine attributes, I do wonder what the favored attribute of each of those immortals would be. Of course, nothing stops immortal types from overlapping with one another in that respect, and some immortals (like the Purified and maybe the Visitors or the Harvesters) may have their own separate system (not that they don't work in the current one- just due to aesthetics, like the Visitors being the strange thing which crawls into your brain or the Purified being the "closest to the Rite of Return" as it mentioned in the text), but at any case, it could be an interesting thing to ponder about.

(Also, I feel obligated to mention that one of the STV products, the Hungry Shadow, does provide a Purified update- even though it is indeed not in Mummy's context. For those products, however, I will not hold my breath- if I'm not mistaken, Geist 2e is still not opened for the Vault for some reason, but who knows?)

I now blog in here

Comment

• Thanks for pointing out Hungry Shadows. I like that take on the Purified; and the context of Werewolf is more appropriate for them, given their ties to the Shadow. With that in mind, maybe a better place for the Patchwork People would be a Promethean STV supplement, presumably one that deals with mortals who mess with Pyros, such as Alchemists, Genitors, and Rathbens; or maybe a Deviant supplement that deals with Deviant-like efforts that don't rise to the level of “cracking the soul” and producing a proper Deviant.

That just leaves the Visitors…
                Last edited by Dataweaver; 02-17-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                  I especially like how the Immortlas chapter was done. The idea of Affinities for each group is brilliant. I also understand why you made Sekhem for immortals go up to 5, not 10, as they are a minor group. (I might change that but I understand and get why you did it; same with the one Pillar being unlocked, that I am totally going to change - I love the idea of an ancient immortals unlocking all pillars and such.)

Oh. Random question. You mention that when unlocking a Pillar the immortal operates it like a Mummy would - does that mean gaining access to both Affinities and Utterances.

Anyway. This is really cool. Thanks for the work. Its spectacular. I REALLY REALLY REALLY love what you did with Mummy 2e.

PS. If you ever find the time can I put a vote to expanding the lesser immortal template. Such a brilliant potential campaign category.
                  I’m glad you like the revisions to the immortals section. Immortals with access to Pillars don’t gain any additional access to Affinities or Utterances, but they could use it for sealing the flesh, etc. Of course, since you’re already modifying them a bit for your game, it’s a simple house rule to say they can or to that they have access to a Merit allowing them to do so.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                  Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                  Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                    I'm looking forward to the Storyteller's Vault opening up for Mummy. In particular, I'm hoping for a supplement that provides a 2e update for the Patchwork People, the Purified, and the Visitors (the “other Immortals”) in the context of Mummy.
                    I like those a lot. The Patchwork People and Visitors have a special place in my heart. I even have some idea of what their Favored Attributes and Aspects would be.

Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                      I'm looking forward to the Storyteller's Vault opening up for Mummy. In particular, I'm hoping for a supplement that provides a 2e update for the Patchwork People, the Purified, and the Visitors (the “other Immortals”) in the context of Mummy.
                      Stay tuned for the Book of Lasting Death...

Matthew Dawkins
                      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Stay tuned for the Book of Lasting Death...
                        I'm already so tuned to the Book of Lasting Death that I'm surprised that I'm not already hearing Ammut's podcast "Tastier Than You- the Fundamentals of Soul Culinary" in my sleep

I now blog in here

Comment

• I may have missed it somewhere but I can't find the Immortal merits or attributes, or character creation is.

Comment

• Character creation is in the Immortals section, and amounts to a revised Step Five for the mortal character creation rules. I'll have to check on the Immortal merits; I believe they're in with all the other Merits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
                              I may have missed it somewhere but I can't find the Immortal merits or attributes, or character creation is.
                              I don’t have the book on hand at the moment, but the immortal Merits are in with the other Merits, and I believe general character creation rules for them are in their section in the antagonists chapter.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

I don’t have the book on hand at the moment, but the immortal Merits are in with the other Merits, and I believe general character creation rules for them are in their section in the antagonists chapter.
                                Those I found, but I didn't find Endless Potency or that Long of Years one etc. I did find the favored attributes finally though. (Edit: found Endless Potency, and am hoping Sekhem replaced Long of Years or whatever it was called).

On an unrelated note, I have only one word for the Affinities and utterances--WOW. I absolutely love this. Some fatbwas trimmed by combining or removing certain powers, some powers seem vastly more useful, and some are powers that are new and make absolute sense for a Mummy to have. Some I didn't even know I wanted until I saw them. I am a little sad that the Word of Amanuensis didn't make it through because I have had a major antagonist rely heavily on the madness and terror it creates with it's ultimate ability, but was that meant to be absorbed by Pavane of Eternity (if so, it's considerably more scary now)? Since it's basic tier is covered by an affinity, I'm guessing it's not returning?

Speaking of Utterances that didn't return, I noticed a distinct lack of the strange lovecraftian summoning powers this time around. Are those being reserved for another book, or were they removed to make Fiend summoning and the manifestation of Judges more unique?
                                Last edited by Cleverest of Things; 02-18-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X