Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • violetdea
    • May 2014

So I was looking through the rules with my boyfriend and we came to realize that the game doesn't actually say how many touchstones a Mummy gets in second ed. We're presuming one, but there are a few spots it refers to a "a Mummy's touchstones". There definitely isn't a merit to take extras that we can see. Just something we're wondering if anyone has clarity on and maybe something to clarify in the final draft.

Comment

• Tessie
      • May 2016

During character creation it says Touchstone in singular, but it really should specify how many.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
      Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• FallenEco
        • Dec 2013

Well we don't have the errata submission form yet, but unless there has been a change we will get a chance to point out any errors/mistakes like the Touchstone thing.

A bit sad (and oddly, angry) we didn't get to 'Lasting Death: Ka'. It wasn't even the next goal. And Anpu knows we won't get the Purified until we get the Shadow/spirits in a Mummy book.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• TyrannicalRabbit
          • May 2014

I would not be surprised if things that the KS didn't give will end up showing up elsewhere at another time.

Not returning to the forums, just stopping in for a moment. CofD not getting books so we can get fed WoD5e is an insult.

Comment

• atamajakki
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
            I would not be surprised if things that the KS didn't give will end up showing up elsewhere at another time.
            Just like how we got the Book of Going Westward, right?

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• TyrannicalRabbit
              • May 2014

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Just like how we got the Book of Going Westward, right?
              Yes because the model of game lines in 2012 that were not Mage,Vampire, Werewolf are the same now and like how Dawkins said that Kickstarter is the only factour on what books get made, right. Totally just like how we got Book of Going Westward. How silly of me.

Not returning to the forums, just stopping in for a moment. CofD not getting books so we can get fed WoD5e is an insult.

Comment

• Primordial newcomer
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by violetdea View Post
                So I was looking through the rules with my boyfriend and we came to realize that the game doesn't actually say how many touchstones a Mummy gets in second ed. We're presuming one, but there are a few spots it refers to a "a Mummy's touchstones". There definitely isn't a merit to take extras that we can see. Just something we're wondering if anyone has clarity on and maybe something to clarify in the final draft.
                damn it. I was just fine not getting that until you mentioned the Purified. just damn it

Comment

• ArcaneArts
                  • Nov 2013

Yes because the model of game lines in 2012 that were not Mage,Vampire, Werewolf are the same now and like how Dawkins said that Kickstarter is the only factour on what books get made, right. Totally just like how we got Book of Going Westward. How silly of me.
                  Point is that the skepticism is not without merit. We have heard this song before, and disappointed by the dance that followed. Curse fans have been hurt before by such notions, let's be fair.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• atamajakki
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                    Point is that the skepticism is not without merit. We have heard this song before, and disappointed by the dance that followed. Curse fans have been hurt before by such notions, let's be fair.
                    "I know folks held out hope for 7 years that we might get this content even though it didn't fund, but this time will be different because ???"

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• ArcaneArts
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

"I know folks held out hope for 7 years that we might get this content even though it didn't fund, but this time will be different because ???"
                      Now let's be counter-fair here: it might be different. A lot of the writers on the core were those fans who got scorned, and I think Matthew knows that the Book of Going Westward is a long held sore point for a fanbase that could be it's main source of revenue, and as such any notions of hopes should be fought for.

I haven't seen any promises, which is good on the subject-but it's not completely unreasonable to see how it might play differently.

You want a personal take, I honestly have just gotten to the point where I try to stop stressing about what I don't have and won't have and just deal with what I can get, deciding whether the prices paid are worth the product gotten. It ends up on the plan, it never ends up on the plan, at the end of the day, I don't care about unless it's actually within grasp.

But I do get where both sides of this argument are coming from.

Comment

• FallenEco
                        • Dec 2013

If it happens, great. If it doesn't, it is a shame but at least the rest of the gameline is great.

I don't hold out much hope for expanding the...later Chronicles of Darkness lines. But that doesn't mean I will write them off. Who knows, maybe the book will sell enough that Onyx Path might ask it's writers for book pitches. I'd say it is WAY too early for that right now, at the very least it won't happen until the book is released and the stretch goal content is done.

All we can right now is wait.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• TyrannicalRabbit
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                          Except we really didn't as there wasn't very much said at all about that book after the original kickstarter so there was no song or dance, same with the Scroll of Ages hub. For that reason it 100% does not justify the attitude being expressed. So yes, let's in fact be fair. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't. But considering that this isn't 2012, and the material actually being discussed is more basic and central than others. The idea that it wont be explored later, when the developer has talked about doing that very thing and has reminded people to not think that a KS is the only avenue for book generation. And if people can't say so without being nasty about it, then there's no point discussing it because that sort of talk only exists to shut down conversation. The Kickstart JUST ended and one of the first things is trying to shut someone up for hoping we get a book dealing with ghosts and other ephemeral entities. That is entirely unwarranted and given your history of interaction I don't think you understand empathy in the slightest.
                          Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 12-07-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• ArcaneArts
                            • Nov 2013

Except we really didn't as there wasn't very much said at all about that book after the original kickstarter so there was no song or dance, same with the Scroll of Ages hub. For that reason it 100% does not justify the attitude being expressed. So yes, let's in fact be fair. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't. But considering that this isn't 2012, and the material actually being discussed is more basic and central than others. The idea that it wont be explored later, when the developer has talked about doing that very thing and has reminded people to not think that a KS is the only avenue for book generation. And if people can't say so without being nasty about it, then there's no point discussing it because that sort of talk only exists to shut down conversation. The Kickstart JUST ended and one of the first things is trying to shut someone up for hoping we get a book dealing with ghosts and other ephemeral entities.
                            Empathy. Please practice.

Comment

• Paradim
                              • Nov 2013

While we never got the Book of Going Westward... I kind of suspect we're beginning to see some of the material that might have been included with such a book. In particular, details of Duat, the Trials, the Shades/Fiends.... And I think it's a good sign that we're seeing these things because future supplements tend to expand upon previously presented material.

I'm hopeful for what other supplements might have.

Comment

• Leliel
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Paradim View Post
                                While we never got the Book of Going Westward... I kind of suspect we're beginning to see some of the material that might have been included with such a book. In particular, details of Duat, the Trials, the Shades/Fiends.... And I think it's a good sign that we're seeing these things because future supplements tend to expand upon previously presented material.

I'm hopeful for what other supplements might have.
                                Me, I'm thinking we'll get Purified and/or Visitors in Night Horrors: [Something Related To Egypt/Immortal Pains], because they're stated to dislike Mummies, and they're excellent Out Of Context problems.

Comment

Working...