Iremite Takes on Other Gamelines and their Souls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    It'd be not unreasonable for an Arisen to view the fivefold Renown that imprint into the fundamentals of a werewolf's being as an analogous element to the fivefold soul, to be honest.
    I'm really interested how would Arisen interpret Renowns...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
      It'd be not unreasonable for an Arisen to view the fivefold Renown that imprint into the fundamentals of a werewolf's being as an analogous element to the fivefold soul, to be honest.
      In fairness, it would also not be unreasonable for them to interpret it as the spirits version of the Amulet or Uter craft, one with interesting contexts and interpolations.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

The difference in what the Arisen and Mages regard as the soul probably causes the Arisen checklist of what doesn’t have a soul to vary rather dramatically from the Mages. It isn’t that either is wrong, but if you start with a completely different definition of what a soul you aren’t going to have the same results. There are aspects of the Soul that Mages categorise separately, for instance the concept of names are wrapped very much into sympathy and not Legacy (the mage concept of a Shadow Name is possibly disconcerting from the Arisen perspective.)
        So all those beings that Mages consider not having a soul, most of them still have clear names and cast a shadow*. The Arisen are more likely to see them as really imbalanced souls rather than soulless.
        * Demons are possibly the exception due to the whole soul wearing aspect, but also with the contrast between subtly between splats and how on the clock Mummy’s generally are it’s possible not the most common thing the Arisen might pick up on.

Comment

Mummies are familiar with the concept of true vs use names. Sutek is the Nameless Serpent not because they don't know the name Sutek, because that is not his Name.

Comment

Working...
          X