New rules for The Call in 2nd edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rules for The Call in 2nd edition

I have the manuscript for Mummy Second Edition. Are there any real changes to the Call for a group of cultists to wake up a Mummy? It seems to say that the cost of the call is one Vessel, but somewhere else it says that some vessels can be part of the lifeweb and can be used probably once a Story for this purpose. However, I do recall seeing something about a Mummy going into Duat and bringing his Vessels back to his Judge.

How does this work. Does a mummy want to bring his Vessels back to his Judge? If so, that means that his cult doesn't have anything to wake him up with anymore? They might be able to find another vessel but that might take time (assuming it is possible). How have the mechanics of this differ from the first edition? This is assuming that there are any major changes.

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
    I have the manuscript for Mummy Second Edition. Are there any real changes to the Call for a group of cultists to wake up a Mummy? It seems to say that the cost of the call is one Vessel, but somewhere else it says that some vessels can be part of the lifeweb and can be used probably once a Story for this purpose. However, I do recall seeing something about a Mummy going into Duat and bringing his Vessels back to his Judge.

How does this work. Does a mummy want to bring his Vessels back to his Judge? If so, that means that his cult doesn't have anything to wake him up with anymore? They might be able to find another vessel but that might take time (assuming it is possible). How have the mechanics of this differ from the first edition? This is assuming that there are any major changes.

They can, but the thing is that the Arisen doesn't necessarily want to. Hell, they have a strong incentive not to, because the curse on a relic is often left behind.

Really, it's one more bit of internal strain on the relationship the mummies and Judges have.

Comment

Working...
    X