Mummy: the Curse 2E Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
    Nothing is a closed game line in the Onyx Path era.

Aaand ninja'd
    AAND I already knew that. Anyway, this has been unhelpful. Going to wrangle with Rpg.nets funky search function some more.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Reviving this thread with my (still incomplete) 2E conversion/house rules for handling the most elusive of relics, seba. This will probably end up reappearing in my own thread for 2E House Rules for Mummy.

Binding Seba: [Mummies]
      + As written in Book of the Deceived, p. 104.

Binding Seba: [Non-Mummies]
      + Non-Mummies can bind a number of seba to their souls equal to their Willpower dots.
      + Must be within 10 yards of the manifest relic.
      + Must spend a Willpower point and roll Wits + Occult, at a penalty equal to the seba's dot rating.
      + Must have an Occult Specialty in Iremite Magic, Nomenclature, Astrology, Sekhem, or a similar Storyteller-approved area of expertise. Otherwise, the roll suffers a -3 penalty.
      + On a success, the seba flares brightly and implodes as it binds itself to its new owner.
      + On an exceptional success, the seba's owner regains the lost Willpower point.
      + On a failure, the seba flares up in a burst of light before becoming unbound (for artistic seba) or launching into space (for cosmic seba).
      + On a dramatic failure, the seba is destroyed. Unlike other relics, though, this does not create lesser amkhata. Instead, it explodes in a burst of Sekhem, dealing its dot rating as direct lethal damage within a radius of 10 yards.
      + A seba wielder suffers a penalty to all breaking point rolls equal to the highest dot rating among his bound seba.
      + A seba wielder can regain Willpower via resting up to the difference between his Willpower dots and the number of bound seba he possesses.

Perceiving Seba:
      + Obrimos Mages can see seba via Active Mage Sight; they can only perceive it through the Prime Arcanum. (Taken from "A Guide to Mortal Sekhem Sorcerers)
      + Other Mages must make a successful scrutiny roll (Intelligence + Occult; target number equal to the seba's dot rating) using Prime in order to perceive the seba for a scene.
      Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-10-2016, 02:01 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
        Reviving this thread with my (still incomplete) 2E conversion/house rules for handling the most elusive of relics, seba. This will probably end up reappearing in my own thread for 2E House Rules for Mummy.

Binding Seba: [Mummies]
        + As written in Book of the Deceived, p. 104.

Binding Seba: [Non-Mummies]
        + Non-Mummies can bind a number of seba to their souls equal to their Willpower dots.
        + Must be within 10 yards of the manifest relic.
        + Must spend a Willpower point and roll Wits + Occult, at a penalty equal to the seba's dot rating.
        + Must have an Occult Specialty in Iremite Magic, Nomenclature, Astrology, Sekhem, or a similar Storyteller-approved area of expertise. Otherwise, the roll suffers a -3 penalty.
        + On a success, the seba flares brightly and implodes as it binds itself to its new owner.
        + On an exceptional success, the seba's owner regains the lost Willpower point.
        + On a failure, the seba flares up in a burst of light before becoming unbound (for artistic seba) or launching into space (for cosmic seba).
        + On a dramatic failure, the seba is destroyed. Unlike other relics, though, this does not create lesser amkhata. Instead, it explodes in a burst of Sekhem, dealing its dot rating as direct lethal damage within a radius of 10 yards.
        + A seba wielder suffers a penalty to all breaking point rolls equal to the highest dot rating among his bound seba.
        + A seba wielder can regain Willpower via resting up to the difference between his Willpower dots and the number of bound seba he possesses.

Perceiving Seba:
        + Obrimos Mages can see seba via Active Mage Sight; they can only perceive it through the Prime Arcanum. (Taken from "A Guide to Mortal Sekhem Sorcerers)
        + Other Mages must make a successful scrutiny roll (Intelligence + Occult; target number equal to the seba's dot rating) using Prime in order to perceive the seba for a scene.
        Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
        Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

You're welcome.

I liked how the seba were presented - fluff-wise and mechanics-wise. But I felt that it might have been a bit (unsurprisingly) too harsh, especially in terms of drawbacks and the fact that a very specific criteria was required to perceive seba. Definitely looking forward to expanding this in a separate thread.

On a related note, the adjustments I had for non-mummies binding seba was to present possible story hooks. For example. Imagine what would happen if a mortal sorcerer (or something worse) got his hands on the Eye of Re.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Good work, an official 2e translation guide would be great, but you've done good work.

Comment

Working...
            X