Making Crossover Work for Mummy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To maybe clarify a bit -

Every other supernatural being (so far! Although I can't see Deviants much caring about it) see Twilight as a state of existence and the Underworld as a seperate Realm that's walled off from the material world but reached through Avernian gates.

Mummies see Twilight as a Realm and the blue-book Underworld (tunnels, rivers, etc) as part of that realm, with Duat "Westward" from it.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
      I don't think they're the same as Mage's Lower Depths.
      The Lower Depths from Mage don't really have enough substance or reality to be anything at all. They're vague half-existent realities, mostly full of void and nothing. About all they have to offer is a hollow and empty hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
        Mummies see Twilight as a Realm and the blue-book Underworld (tunnels, rivers, etc) as part of that realm, with Duat "Westward" from it.
        This reminds me of the way Werewolves consider the Anima Mundi to be simply a deep and strange part of the Shadow, whereas Mages view the Astral and the Shadow as being entirely distinct.
        Last edited by Michael Kenner; 01-10-2016, 07:33 AM. Reason: Getting my terms mixed up.

Comment

Are Avernian Gates always considered "open" to Mummies (in Twilight, at least), then? It would explain why they see Twilight and the Underworld as one in the same, if they never encountered any kind of hard stop or border.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

No, but it's like not considering the contents of a bank vault as being in another universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kenner View Post

The Lower Depths from Mage don't really have enough substance or reality to be anything at all. They're vague half-existent realities, mostly full of void and nothing. About all they have to offer is a hollow and empty hunger.

Some are emptier than others.

Comment

The really creepy thing is that I'm not sure whether being emptier makes it more or less scary.

Comment

Just like some wallets...

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

More on this, as you'd expect, in the Mage/Mummy 16th Century Africa crossover in the Dark Eras Companion.
                    Will there be 2 or 3 Dark Eras books due to all the Kickstarter expansions, and will they all be released simultaneously?

Comment

Originally posted by branford View Post

Will there be 2 or 3 Dark Eras books due to all the Kickstarter expansions, and will they all be released simultaneously?
                      Two books; Dark Eras and Dark Eras Companion.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                      X