No announcement yet.

On Nephilpal's Oncoming Terrible Something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's another reason I can't justify non-Iremite Mummies. I think it can be done but it'll take a minute to think of something suitable. Creating other Lifeless, yes, but how to make them different than Shuankhsen?

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
      Right, that's kind of what I mean. Like I was thinking in my head what other options there are (successor Rite) but even that, as someone that wants non-Iremite Mummies, I would admittedly prefer creating some other monstrosity rather than some breed of Mummy
      Yeah. Before the game came out, I was heavily into the idea of mummies from around the world. Now it has, I would prefer, say, the Mallqui of the Andes, to be fully different beings - at least as different from mummies as the Kuei-jin were from Kindred in Vampre the Masquerade - or for an NWoD comparison, perhaps as different as Antagonists' or Wicked Dead's Aswang were from Kindred.

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      IIt doesn't matter who they were in life during the Nameless Empire if they've spent the last thousand years as a Central American blood god or immortal alchemist in the mountains of Tibet, complete with the face and Cult to match.
      However, I've never been keen on this particular argument. The metaphysics under which the Deathless operate are heavily informed by Egypt, the animal forms they partake after aren't native to all the regions we might get mummies, the types of relic the game centres round aren't all either. And it sounds an awful lot like "well, the character can always be completely deluded."
      Last edited by SunlessNick; 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

That's why I want a Mummy Night Horrors book so much. Wicked Dead sold me on Vampire; I think it's the perfect kind of book to explore the fringe dark corners of Mummy's universe

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
          Right, that's kind of what I mean. Like I was thinking in my head what other options there are (successor Rite) but even that, as someone that wants non-Iremite Mummies, I would admittedly prefer creating some other monstrosity rather than some breed of Mummy
          Well, What Is A Mummy? What defines A as a Mummy, but not B? The Rite of Return was supposed to be singular, and its nature would be degraded a bit if there was a copycat. If it was imperfect, and resulted in something that is different, how is that not Prometheans, or Vampires, or Reborn, or Purified, or Abmortals, or any other Lifeless that already exists?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Sure, and you're quoting what my response would be to that

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
              I am a terrible person, a terrible person who both revels in the cannibalism of Santa Claus in front of small, desperately wishing children, and a heathen who hates the idea of non-Iremite mummies like Pharaoh hated him some free Jews.

A terrible person indeed.
              ...so that's a no, then?

OK, how about this; is the hint of what's to come in the Darwin quote itself, or is it hidden in something that uses the quote as a reference point, like that song that LostLight mentioned?

PS - As for Non-Iremite Mummies, I going to start a new thread so as not to de-rail this one.
              Last edited by shkspr1048; 04-28-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                ...so that's a no, then?

OK, how about this; is the hint of what's to come in the Darwin quote itself, or is it hidden in something that uses the quote as a reference point, like that song that LostLight mentioned?

PS - As for Non-Iremite Mummies, I going to start a new thread so as not to de-rail this one.
                Well. it's not not a no, but it's not a no either. Six of one, half a dozen of another, lies and deceit and marshmallow sprinkles, with a little bit of caramel drizzled on top, some sea salt, a cherry, some smoked bacon at the base for contrast, oh, those palm shoots things from my youth that I don't remember the name of, zap it all in lime, slight burn of pepper, zap it all again in lime.

I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore.

Whatever. No straight answers, just opinions.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                Work Blog Coming Soon
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Apologies for the necro, but did anything ever come of this? Apparently literal years have passed and I didn't notice.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Not that I know of, but hopefully it has just stalled. Or maybe it was rolled into another release.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

It might have been held back till 2nd Edition at this point

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                      X