2e Lucid Ghosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2e Lucid Ghosts

Does anyone know how well the Lucid Ghost numina works with 2e ephemeral rules from the GMC?

Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

I have toyed with the mechanics in a few one shots. Over all they still work work enough, but I recommend a few adjustments.

- The Lucid Dead Numina should be treated as a Manifestation instead ( the same goes for Intruder or Revenant).

- Treat the Lucid Dead as Rank 2 Ghosts. As such they receive Influence 2 over their anchor and have 3 Manifestations (in addition to Twilight Form). One of these Manifestations must be Lucid Dead.

- Instead of Numina, the Lucid Dead gain 5 points that they may use to purchase Dread Powers (as per Hunter: the Vigil) or Supernatural merits.

I am still debating how to use Impassioned Soul in 2nd edition, but I am inclined to drop it entirely as it feels very awkward in the 2nd Edition framework.

The Artificer's Workshop - A collection of Exalted Artifacts
    Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
    The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
    Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
    Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Why replace Numina with Dread Powers?

Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

Comment

Re: Numina v.Dread powers

Ephemeral creatures are typically not intended to be Player characters. Many Numina, while reasonable in the hands of a NPC or Antagonist are extremely powerful in the hands of a Player (I learned that one the hard way !)

Dread Powers (while still very potent in many cases) are structured in a way that is closer to the power level of the supernatural templates (in both over all power and growth potential).

You may want to try both options and see which one balances better at your table.

The Artificer's Workshop - A collection of Exalted Artifacts
        Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
        The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
        Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
        Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

There have been pc types given access to numina, usually on a limited basis.

One could always come up with a list of numina they don't see as game breaking.

Comment

Dread Powers in the Chronicles at the moment are not structured in neat 1 to 5 dot system. In fact the Devs have said explicitly said that the 'new' Dread Powers are not intended for players and are balance as such...which is not that different from Numina.

That said, I'm pretty sure what is needed in this case is a set of guidelines intended to limit the abuse of such abilities in the hands of pcs.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I didn't know that about dread powers, I don't have my copy yet, I bought it as part of the beast kickstarter and not the dark eras book.

Pity, I was hoping the dread powers were going to be more hunter and less werewolf in that regard.

Comment

weirdly while dread powers won't be player balanced at all the new rules being developed for custom endowments might remove any need for them in that sense, while i only saw the very early revised endowments i would not be against letting them be used in other games to determine player powers (particularly for the mortal mystery game i've got) so those might suit one's needs here

Comment

Working...
                X