The Shan'iatu and the Judges of Duat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shan'iatu and the Judges of Duat

Let's start this off with a tidbit quoted on the Shan'iatu in the White Wolf Wiki.

Unbeknownst to the Arisen (with the possible exception of The Heretic), it is quite possible that the Shan'iatu are the Judges. However, there are 42 Judges of Duat, but only 35 Shan'iatu that managed to descend. The Deceived likewise believe that the Judges of Duat are their former compatriots and bear a major grudge against them.
    That said, let's say this is true in your canon. Who among the Judges of Duat turn out to actually be those 35 Ascended Shan'iatu? For starters, I'd like to cross out these two particular Judges as possibilities, since I have a nagging feeling that they may have been among the original Judges of Death.

Usekh-Nemtet, the First Judge
    Arem-Afbu, the Final Judge
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-08-2016, 01:45 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Something worth noting is that Dreams of Avarice includes quite a bit of new info about the Shan'iatu, the Judges and the relationship between the two.

- Chris Allen
    Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
      Something worth noting is that Dreams of Avarice includes quite a bit of new info about the Shan'iatu, the Judges and the relationship between the two.
      Dang. Should have seen that coming.

Though now that you mention it. Does it also plan to include info on those supposed "Judges of Life"?

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

It lays everything pretty much straight out.

Turns out the original Judges were the true assholes all along.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
        Working on:The Hedge
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

Comment

So, The Assholes Behind the Assholes?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

And one more asshole behind those assholes.

TO be fair though, only the Shan'iatu deviated from their roles.

Comment

I really wish I had a copy of that book, right about now. Even a draft of it.
              -_-

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

If it helps any, An-Hotep was revealed to have been a shaniatu of the Scribes, possibly the ibis-masked Shan'iatu that is Heretic's Judge.

Comment

It made Anpu amazing and I like how they blurred the lines of universal phenomena and personal gods in the fiction. Really damn good work from a myth making perspective.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Yeah! I'm still not sure if Aset/Isis was a goddess at all before the sacrifice. And Ptah wasn't even mentioned. So.. does this mean ALL temakh are wonky and crazy like the seven decieved ones?

Comment

The Shan'iatu ain't shit. There's Judges greater than them and gods greater than them.

Except the Deceived temakhs betrayed the other ones who tried to betray the Judges who betrayed the gods O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
                        If it helps any, An-Hotep was revealed to have been a shaniatu of the Scribes, possibly the ibis-masked Shan'iatu that is Heretic's Judge.

An-Hotep the scribe is named after the Judge, but isn't it. He was just the Heretic's ordinary, mortal boss.

Writer, Game Designer, Pro since 99.

Thoughts at mobunited.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
                          Yeah! I'm still not sure if Aset/Isis was a goddess at all before the sacrifice. And Ptah wasn't even mentioned. So.. does this mean ALL temakh are wonky and crazy like the seven decieved ones?
                          Had Ptah been mentioned previously? I wasn't aware he had an Iremite equivalent.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Had Ptah been mentioned previously? I wasn't aware he had an Iremite equivalent.
                            Ptah is the Nameless Bull, originally.

Comment

Wait wait wait- so was there a Sutekh before one of the Deceived became a Sha and killed Azar? Was there a Nameless Falcon before Aset ascended (descended)?

Do the Judges serve the gods, or are they in parallel 'departments' as it were?

Comment

Working...
                              X