No announcement yet.

The Shan'iatu and the Judges of Duat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe they go to the Shan'iatu who use the power to exist in a somewhat better state (theoretically they'd like to use the power to reach paradise, but that's a pipe-dream). Do I understand that correctly?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

The Shan'iatu seem to exist in a barren, lifeless hell; I assume any Relics sent to them are destroyed, and the Sekhem within sent to them as a thin trickle of the bounty they once enjoyed in the living world.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        The Shan'iatu seem to exist in a barren, lifeless hell; I assume any Relics sent to them are destroyed, and the Sekhem within sent to them as a thin trickle of the bounty they once enjoyed in the living world.
        Wasn't there a reference somewhere to the idea that the Judges often return relics to the world?

Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
        Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Yes, it was implied when bane relics were introduced. Something like, "Similar to the Judges, Ammut also provides her servants with relics returned to the world"

Comment

The Guildmasters of the Maa-Kep also receive special 5-dot relic chisels when they begin their first descent after assuming the title. The Avarice Chronicle also includes a relic sarcophagus that was apparently created in the Eastern Roman Empire through the intercession of the judges at the earnest request of their servants. These examples might represent a sort of "investment" on the Judges' part, sacrificing a measure of Sekhem in order to empower their most loyal servants and hopefully reap larger rewards down the line.

Comment

Working...
            X