Cursed Necropolis: Rio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post

Yep. This particular cult of Moloch was centered in Carthage around the second turn or so, but in my headcanon, it had jumped around from Minoan Greece and the Levant before that. In this incarnation, the Cult centers around a relic that turns human sacrifices into Sekhem. And gradually creates a second personality in the minds of mummies that use it. Creating a weird hellfire club like cult, led by split personality mummies and an almost-but-not-quite-self-aware Relic.
    ......I need it even more

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post

Yep. This particular cult of Moloch was centered in Carthage around the second turn or so, but in my headcanon, it had jumped around from Minoan Greece and the Levant before that. In this incarnation, the Cult centers around a relic that turns human sacrifices into Sekhem. And gradually creates a second personality in the minds of mummies that use it. Creating a weird hellfire club like cult, led by split personality mummies and an almost-but-not-quite-self-aware Relic.
      Technically the Iron Bull is aware; it just doesn't care. Kind of like a G-M Angel or Infrastructure. It creates the personality to overcome the 'failings' of people who balk at feeding it multiple child sacrifices on a regular basis; as that is the most efficient manner to use it's abilities. Also adds more than just Sekham; the architecture rules mean that it isn't just a buzzword, there are actual mechanics now. Heck, the Relic teaches unique Utterances. The Word cannot be used without the Will.

I also like the Utterances that they supposedly learned from Spirits. Too bad we won't get DIY Utterance guidlines this edition, but they have opened the door.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
        I never understand when people say it's not crossover-friendly. There's a bit more player buy-in, like Promethean, because mummies have many supernatural drives that are near compulsions at times (but most splats do, actually) but I wouldn't interpret that as them being better suited to NPCs.

I think it's due to the books not really going into the topic, unlike Promethean, Changeling, and Demon's supplements. Of course Hunter and Beast are crossover-friendly, and Mage is, too, as it's their nature to study Mysteries. Despite Changeling's Rite of Spring book I don't think that gameline is good for crossover any more than Mummy, what with a very secluded cosmology. The same might be said for Vampire
        Fluff wise you make a good point, but mechanically Mage and Mummies are so powerful compared to other splats that they cause all kinds of problems. A dev came out and out right admitted Mates, Mummies, and Demons are out right more powerful then the other splats by design.

When they do the Crossover Chronicles they have their work cut out for them.

Comment

Yeah, I'll give you that

Comment

It's looking like this might be going up for non-backers this week!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
              It's looking like this might be going up for non-backers this week!
              If it were this week, it would have been announced in with the Secrets of the Covanents hardcover today. Since it wasn't I'd say next week at the earliest. Fingers crossed.

CofD booklists:
              Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Not this week by the look of it. DTRPG is having Skynet issues. As Rich said "grrrrr..."

CofD booklists:

Comment

All the peons can now join the cults of Rio!

CofD booklists:

Comment

Working...
                  X