Now I REALLY want a book of Judges...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I REALLY want a book of Judges...

So I am sure I am not alone in my feels, now that I finished Dreams of Avarice, I REALLY want a book of Judges that we failed to achieve in the Kickstarter... :*(

It is a time for great deeds!

I really hope we will get it eventually. It would be a a part of the picture I'd kill to see. Still, I don't know what the chances are. I keep hearing that Mummy is doing really bad as a gameline, but I've never been able to discern what's true and what's just loud negativity when it comes to this sort of things.

On my part, I adore Mummy and all the published books, so the more we get, the happier I'll be

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
    Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps". When not busy writing homebrew, I also try to write CoD fiction. (All paused until August)

Waiting feverishly as instructed

Comment

Mummy may be my very favorite of the NWoD/Chronicles of Darkness line!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Lots of us have interest in writing the Book of Going Westward. We'll see what happens when the rest of the kickstarter stuff is done.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
        Work Blog Coming Soon
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

My fear is that Book of Going Westward will be the first supplement for Mummy 2e, several years from now.

I'd kill to see it before then.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
            I keep hearing that Mummy is doing really bad as a gameline...
            Weren't the core book and Book of the Deceived up as Ennies nominees for their years? The game isn't as popular as other CofD but I've never heard anyone say it's straight up bad.

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            We'll see what happens when the rest of the kickstarter stuff is done.
            It's sad that I think this could be a joke Cursed Necropolis: Rio finally started moving again but those fictions will never see the light of day

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
              It's sad that I think this could be a joke Cursed Necropolis: Rio finally started moving again but those fictions will never see the light of day
              Don't you believe it.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
              Work Blog Coming Soon
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
                I really hope we will get it eventually. It would be a a part of the picture I'd kill to see. Still, I don't know what the chances are. I keep hearing that Mummy is doing really bad as a gameline, but I've never been able to discern what's true and what's just loud negativity when it comes to this sort of things.

On my part, I adore Mummy and all the published books, so the more we get, the happier I'll be
                I tend to take things with a grain of salt for two reasons.

1. I never expected Mummy to have the same sort of universal appeal of the "Big Three & Changeling." because the game is very niche and inward focused.

2. The few times I've seen people bring up Mummy in a harsh light it was folks I don't exactly trust for having unbiased and vitriol lacking commentary.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                  Weren't the core book and Book of the Deceived up as Ennies nominees for their years? The game isn't as popular as other CofD but I've never heard anyone say it's straight up bad.
                  It happened to me, but I'm mostly talking about sales, wherein such comments are usually followed by a remark that says we won't have any new books ever because the gameline it's selling so poorly. Then again, it's usually said by people who tend to be irrational at best and straight up toxic at worst. It's just that it keeps resurfacing and, after a while, one could not help but to wonder.

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post

I tend to take things with a grain of salt for two reasons.

1. I never expected Mummy to have the same sort of universal appeal of the "Big Three & Changeling." because the game is very niche and inward focused.

2. The few times I've seen people bring up Mummy in a harsh light it was folks I don't exactly trust for having unbiased and vitriol lacking commentary.
                  Yeah, pretty much my approach as well.
                  Last edited by Cinder; 01-29-2016, 11:34 AM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                  Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps". When not busy writing homebrew, I also try to write CoD fiction. (All paused until August)

Waiting feverishly as instructed

Comment

Well we know Onyx Path is willing and eager to bring stuff to fans of all their games. Dark Eras came about so they could put something out for every game line, and even Promethean is getting a 2e update.

I imagine that there'll be more freedom in the future now that Chronicles of Darkness is separate from World of Darkness. Using Kickstarter is how they were successful to begin with and we can see why: "If you guys want this game will you fund it so we can justify its production? Okay, great!"

I guarantee we'll see more Mummy products beyond KS rewards within two years (which is admittedly a long wait, but fits the timeline for a 2e release, too)

Comment

Working...
                    X