What the devils is going on in Mummy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the devils is going on in Mummy?

This is somewhat of a lazy attempt in hopes that someone will break down the game for me, but really some of the stories/fluff in the game has had me furrowing my brows wondering what's going on. As an ST, this makes it a little daunting to distill all of the massive information behind Mummy into some key footnotes to comprehend the bigger picture. If anyone could assist, I would love to hear their interpretation of the books. If not here, I've got Skype IM joy as well.

The core of it, skipping over some details?

The Shan'iatu had ambitions to transcend their station and seize eternity. In order to achieve this, they sought out the cosmic Devourer and carried out an intricate slaughtering ritual whereby they sacrificed all of the City of the Pillars, erasing even its name and memory from the living world. The Rite of Return was only part of this sacrifice, and the Arisen were prepared as mighty servants, the sorcery of the Rite deliberately designed to erode their memory and encourage them to blindly obey their masters. The relics the Arisen are exhorted to "return" to the Duat usually don't descend from the Nameless Empire except in a spiritual sense, but are vessels through which to funnel Sekhem from the living world into the Duat for selfish ends.

You're slaves of cruel masters, groomed to think your slavery is a gift and a privilege. It isn't. The Arisen condition is the titular Curse. Apotheosis is the long spiritual labor of cultivating your willful soul to break the shackles of slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
      The core of it, skipping over some details?

The Shan'iatu had ambitions to transcend their station and seize eternity. In order to achieve this, they sought out the cosmic Devourer and carried out an intricate slaughtering ritual whereby they sacrificed all of the City of the Pillars, erasing even its name and memory from the living world. The Rite of Return was only part of this sacrifice, and the Arisen were prepared as mighty servants, the sorcery of the Rite deliberately designed to erode their memory and encourage them to blindly obey their masters. The relics the Arisen are exhorted to "return" to the Duat usually don't descend from the Nameless Empire except in a spiritual sense, but are vessels through which to funnel Sekhem from the living world into the Duat for selfish ends.

You're slaves of cruel masters, groomed to think your slavery is a gift and a privilege. It isn't. The Arisen condition is the titular Curse. Apotheosis is the long spiritual labor of cultivating your willful soul to break the shackles of slavery.

OK, much much more makes sense to me now. Thank ye kindly Sir.

Comment

Working...
      X