Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dress a Mummy

Inappropriate title is inappropriate.

To make a long story short, I'll be LARPing a Mummy in a CoD-themed group not too far in the future and although its set out to be an NPC I want to make an effort. While the illustrations in Mummy: The Curse already provide some inspiration, I'd still like creative input, sources for interesting stuff and what not to get my creative juices flowing. So far I got a suit and a tie which I painstakingly inscribed with excerpts from the Stone of Rosetta, but that is as far as I go for what I have. All of my other vaguely Egyptian-themed stuff is not really something I could wear unless someone has a brilliant idea about how I could don a set of stone scarabs on my body.

A modern suit and tie with Egyptian-themed accessories would fit perfectly. There's all sprts of cheap jewelry you can get with scarabs, snakes, and other important animals on them. Maybe look into frabbong a ring that looks like the seal of some Masonic Lodge.

All else fails, you can always just draw an Eye of Wadjet with eyeliner - and that works for making you look good in everyday life, not just at a Mummy LARP!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      All else fails, you can always just draw an Eye of Wadjet with eyeliner - and that works for making you look good in everyday life, not just at a Mummy LARP!

"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"
      New Haven - 2e nWoD game set in southern Maine
      Seattle - Translation game (oWoD setting, 1e nWoD mechanics) set in Seattle, WA

Comment

Don't hesitate to go for non-egyptian historical stuff, if you've already got it especially. After the fiasco of the Cannibal Hymn and subsequent diaspora, mummies went everywhere, and could've ended up with trinkets and heirlooms they remember nothing about, at were important enough forthe arisen and their cult to hang on to. Note, this can apply to somewhat modern history as well--maybe the mummy never quite shook the turn of the century dapper dan style hairdo. Maybe he liked the big tacky male symbol necklace from the 70s cuz it reminded him of astrology and astronomy from centuries past. Maybe he got a pair of glasses from John Lennon, and holds onto them as a handy go-to Vestige.

Comment

Working...
        X