Mummy - Quick Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummy - Quick Question

I've been looking through the MtC book and I cant seem to find an answer on whether or not Mummy Sleep, excrete etc. I can find where it talks about being able to have physical realtionships, as well as eating etc... Am I missing something? and if so can someone please point out the book and page please? thank you!

Um, is this important?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

The answer is yes if they want to. Especially with sleep, which would put mummies at a big disadvantage if they were unable to regain willpower from it. They can forgo normal biological functions at their whim, and can replicate them assuming they remember enough about being alive to do so.

Comment

Yes. This can be important. I was thinking in the direction of Onieromancy (sp? Dream Magic) it could be important. Less so in most other cases as I do believe that Mummy have other ways of regaining Willpower. I was also thinking that for things like just spending time researching the occullt, or any number of other things other humans (or other templates) take for granted. And thank you nothri, your answer was very helpful.

Comment

Personally, I think it's more in-theme that Mummies can't sleep, or can't benefit from it. They have to make up for lost Willpower with either Sekhem sacrifice or just focusing on their Virtues/Vices.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
          Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
          He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Page 74 of the corebook:

Undeath: The Arisen are both living and undead. Any supernatural sense capable of determining either state reveals this in the affirmative, if invoked successfully. The life that resides in mummies is fundamentally ephemeral; their biological metabolism only functions to the extent they choose for it to, yet they live within their resurrected corpse bodies. They are a paradox, and a de facto abomination against the natural order.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I called out the Affinity in Dark Eras that allows Arisen to breathe poison gas back when it was first announced. By my reading of Undeath the Arisen shouldn't actually care, they can always choose for their respiratory system not to work. Seems weird that it's still in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Azahul View Post
                I called out the Affinity in Dark Eras that allows Arisen to breathe poison gas back when it was first announced. By my reading of Undeath the Arisen shouldn't actually care, they can always choose for their respiratory system not to work. Seems weird that it's still in there.
                I mentioned it in the first draft, I mentioned it again in the backer errata thread, and it's still in the book. Pissed me right off.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                X